UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Field Account Manager is the ''field-based Service Owner'' responsible for the customer's (Benefit Manager) total service experience with UnitedHealthcare. This includes serving as the key liaison between the customer and the Central Service team, trending/monitoring of service issue resolution, and education for the customer and their employees. They will address any escalated issues sent to them, the SAE, or other field employee. They will work with the central team and their manager to coordinate resolution; this position will not handle first-level service issues The Field Account Manager will meet with customers quarterly (or more often if requested) to review service related statistics including ideas for improving or enhancing the customer's total service experience. In this position, a major role will be to conduct training/education with customers on UnitedHealth Care eServices, eCR Reporting, and other eTools as appropriate. The Field Account Manager will also be responsible for conducting open enrollment meetings or coordinating coverage with other offices or a vendor if they are not available. In addition, the role will be responsible for training customers on UnitedHealthcare's core wellness tools and resources, as well as communicating various administrative/service-related changes to the customer (i.e.; network or pharmacy preferred drug changes. This position reports to the local field market VP/Director of Account Management.
The Field Account Manager will generally handle a mix of mid-size, standard/non-standard customers (i.e.: Fully and ASO, 100 - 1000 member groups).
- Own the service experience of customers at the field level by working with the Central Service Team and other matrix partners as required to ensure issues are resolved promptly and accurately meeting the customer's expectations
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with internal partners in Centralized Service Team to manage customer service experience
- Fully accountable for supporting the SAE in facilitating resolution of all elevated customer service requests by working with the Centralized Service Team, and conducting customer consultations as required
- Facilitate customer meetings with the Central Service Team regularly to assess trends and keep abreast of any escalating issues and service trends
- Train customers on eServices and eCR Reporting
- Expand customer expertise and reliance on eTools to drive usage and adoption
- Maintain and provide customer information to the SAE/Analyst on service trends, myUnitedHealthcare adoption, eServices adoption, eCR adoption, wellness initiatives, and improvement opportunities, etc
- Conduct meetings with customers to identify issues/trends and analyze root causes to determine corrective action steps
- Participate/support new business and finalist presentations to represent service experience, or coordinate attendees from other service related areas to support SAE/AE
- Establish and maintain strong and appropriate relationships with customers to maintain persistency
- Establish and maintain Broker/Consultant relationship as needed, but primarily with customer
- Coordinate ordering of enrollment materials/directories for customers
- Coordinate resolution of pre-implementation service and eligibility issues with Implementation Management Organization
- Coordinate implementation activities such as processing transitional care cases
- Conduct enrollment meetings and customer sponsored health fairs for assigned customers (and as needed for multisite requests from other offices)
- Coordinate and deliver billing reconciliations to customers (Quarterly, Annually, or as appropriate for the customer type/size)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Valid driver's license
- Local Travel, as required
- Insurance license or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree or 3+ years of equivalent experience in customer service role
- Solid communications and interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.