To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelby, OH 44875
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
RN / LPN - MDS Nurse - Clinical Reimbursement Specialist
Communicare Health Services • Shelby, OH
Posted 2 months ago
MDS Nurse - Resident Assessment Coordinator - RN or LPN
No on call and No floor work required
Crestwood Care Center is proud to be part of the CommuniCare family of companies. Due to census growth, we currently have an opening for an RN or LPN with MDS/RAC experience to join our 3 nurse MDS team! Candidate must be thoroughly familiar with MDS 3.0 system.
The successful candidate for the MDS Nurse - Resident Assessment Coordinator position will have a current RN or LPN license and Long Term Care experience. The MDS Nurse must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask and oversee functions at the facility on a daily basis. 1 - 2 years of MDS experience is required, preferably in a Long Term Care or Rehab environment.
The position of MDS Nurse ensures a coordination of quality care to residents, from pre-admission through discharge. A primary focus is the resident assessment process, which includes individual assessment, MDS assessment, and resident plan of care. The MDS Nurse manages the resources provided to residents and coordinates the entire continuum of care.
The MDS Nurse's responsibilities include:
- Provide accurate documentation of all services in order to assure accurate reimbursement from all payor sources.
- Ensure that needed resources are available and that quality care is delivered to all residents
- Coordinate professional nursing care to residents.
- Coordinate the development of a written care plan and assessment for each resident and review and revise as appropriate.
- Work with established departmental, center and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety environment.
- Participate in and provide scheduled training, educational classes, and orientation programs to maintain licensure of self and certification of team members and enhance quality of care.
If you meet the requirements below for MDS Nurse / Clinical Reimbursement Specialist, and are interested in this opportunity, please respond to this ad with your letter of interest for immediate consideration.
- Must be a state-licensed RN or LPN
- Must have Long Term Care experience
- Must have 1 - 2 years MDS experience
- Must be knowledgeable of long-term care nursing and medical practices and procedures
- Must have excellent customer services skills and teamwork attitude.
- Must be experienced with MDS 3.0 system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multitask and oversee functions at the facility on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Basic computer literacy and skills
- Must maintain CPR certification