- Collaborate with interdisciplinary treatment teams, other departments and administration to ensure that all residents’ physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and when they are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve customer complaints.
- Anticipate and effectively manage changes in census and acuity and allocates nursing resources based on measurement of patient acuity/care needed.
- Role models expectations related to customer service and demonstrates a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety.
- Accountable for the standard of care at the facility, providing consultations and expertise in the delivery of care to patient.
- Serve as a clinical and service resource to nursing staff and other staff as assigned.
- Manage the activities of staff, coordinating safe and appropriate care between departments and disciplines.
- Manage and evaluate work activities of nursing, technical, clerical, service or maintenance staff for the unit, work group and other facility staff as directed.
- Analyze information/situation to choose the best solution(s) to solve problems.
- Identify the educational needs of others and develop educational or training programs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures for the facility.
- Prepare reports to inform management of the status and implementation of programs, services and quality initiatives of the unit.
- Perform administrative or managerial functions such as planning budgets and authorizing expenditures.
- Provide staff management to include hiring, development, training, performance management and communication to ensure effective and efficient department operation.
- Provide direct care as needed.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
- Four or more years of nursing experience required.
- One or more years’ experience in behavioral health preferred.
- One or more years’ leadership or management experience required.
- Current RN license as required by state.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)