Description: We are seeking a highly motivated Lead Mechanical Engineer for Electronic Packaging design with outstanding leadership and communication skills!
As the Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Performing and managing all aspects of advanced electronic packaging design projects as the Technical Team Lead
- Mechanical design of Radar system equipment including requirements decomposition, concept design, detailed design and analysis, design documentation, procurement support, manufacturing support, test support, and environmental qualification of electronic packages e.g. System-in-Package, T/R modules, analog modules, and LRUs
- RF and microwave electronics packaging design of single and/or multi-chip packages using chip and wire, flip chip, 2.5D and 3D packaging techniques, and other high density interconnect methods. Design of substrates using organic, ceramic, and/or laminate materials. Design of internal package interconnect methods and NHA interconnect methods. Knowledgeable of commercially available manufacturing assembly techniques and ruggedization methods for military applications
- Thermal and stress finite element analysis of chips and packages described above. Reliability analysis of chips and packages including thermal analysis (package to chip junction level, steady state and transient), solder joint thermal stress and/or other interconnect methods
- Supporting proposals including developing technical approaches and write-ups, generating labor and material cost estimates, generating schedules, and identifying risks, opportunities, and risk mitigation strategies
- Providing technical direction to other team members
- Use of engineering solid modeling tools to perform design tasks
This position offers on-the-job training, mentoring, and opportunity for advancement along multiple career paths.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 9 years' relevant engineering experience
- Experience in the design of electronic equipment
- Experience using 3D solid modeling tools (CREO preferred) to develop and iterate complex hardware designs
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with finite element analysis tools (ANSYS preferred) to perform thermal and stress analyses
- Possess a strong knowledge of material properties used in packaging of advanced electronics and knowledge of advanced thermal management techniques from chip to module/LRU level
- Experience supporting proposals including developing technical approaches and write-ups, generating labor and material cost estimates, generating schedules, and identifying risks, opportunities, and risk mitigation strategies
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.