To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA 30334
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Standard • Atlanta, GA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Support business growth, profitability and retention by developing and maintaining effective customer service relationships for accounts assigned within an Employee Benefits Sales and Service office and its detached offices. Groups serviced will typically include cases between 2-500 lives.
Contribute to the company’s success through excellent customer service and process improvements that meet or exceed performance objectives for the following major job functions:
- Manage and lead effective relationships with policyholders and producers on assigned caseload through occasional on-site visits, professional negotiation, responsive communication, problem resolution and meeting customer expectations. Work with producers and policyholders to understand their concerns and needs and act as liaison between home office departments and the customers to interpret existing contract, initiate plan improvements, resolve administrative inconsistencies and answer commission, claims, premium and evidence questions.
- Aggressively pursue opportunities to improve profitability, retention, and growth; Monitor renewal activity and prepare renewal package for the producer and policyholder justifying the renewal and recommending changes if appropriate. Determine plan design options for inforce groups and submit to field office Sales Administrative Coordinator for proposal generation. Identify and promote the sale of additional lines of coverage or plan improvements on assigned block of business whenever possible. Promote new product offerings and enhanced product features. Highlight the advantages of placing the coverage with our company in coordination with the assigned Sales Representative.
- Follow expectations for tracking activity in designated software program.
- Manage the amendment process to make changes to customer’s contracts, following underwriting, compliance and administration guidelines.
- Coordinate the submission of new groups; set up and installation of assigned new groups with the policyholder and producer. Provide similar support to new administrators at inforce accounts.
- Facilitate the enrollment and re-enrollment process, which may involve preparation of enrollment materials, conducting enrollment meetings or being present at benefit fairs, as needed.
- Cross train for other office functions and back up other employees as requested. Other Duties as Assigned - Participate in various projects or initiatives. Perform other duties as required by the Manager.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
Experience: 3 to 5 years progressively responsible work experience in Employee Benefits including customer service, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Professional certification required: Life and Disability insurance license for all states within the office’s assigned territory. License must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.