GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Guest Services, Inc. is hiring friendly and outgoing Seasonal Cashiers with incredible customer service skills to join our team down at the Kiosks on the National Mall in Washington, DC!
Apply today for the opportunity to join us for face-to-face interviews. All ages 18 & older can apply.
*Must be available to work on Weekends
The Cashier is responsible for receiving money from and disbursing money to customers, while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills quickly and accurately using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Turn in cash drawer and sales reconciliation at shifts' end.
- Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers' questions, and provide information on company products, promotions, and policies. Thank each customer.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain sales area with various supplies and products.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of the retail operation.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Mathematic Skills.
- Excellent sanitation habits.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest standard of service.
- Ability to pass cash handling training.
- Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor/outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Knowledge of cash register/computer used in unit.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Operate Cash Register
Process Sale Transaction
Monitor Drawer Amount
Maintain Checkout Area