EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Responsibilities include developing low level embedded software to help integrate custom hardware into AV streaming and processing systems. Must have experience with Linux kernel driver development, bare-metal and register level coding, scripting and design using FPGA SDK tool suite. Familiarity with all aspects of FPGA architecture, synthesis design tools, clock management and digital design at the register level is highly desirable. Individual will act as liaison between FPGA design engineers, software engineering design teams and management as required by product needs.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- BSEE or equivalent degree (transcripts required).
- 5+ years of embedded software design and test experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in digital system design development and integration.
- Experience with Yocto and/or Buildroot and root filesystem development is necessary.
- Strong software programming experience in C, C++, C#, PERL, Python or other languages required.
- Need experience with Linux kernel drivers and register level embedded coding.
- Strong understanding of FPGA embedded software development tools from Xilinx & Altera.
- Software/hardware co-debugging skills & diligence in solving difficult integration problems desired.
- Hands on experience in design/troubleshoot/updating custom hardware required.
- Familiarity with RTL coding using SystemVerilog, Verilog and/or VHDL is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of networking Ethernet and IP streaming protocols is strongly encouraged.
- Experience with advanced clock management, memory interfaces, DSPs, and a working knowledge of digital control protocols such as USB, SPI, I2C or RS-232 is on FPGAs is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment.
Field Programmable Gate Array
Vhsic Hardware Description Language (Vhdl)
C++ (Programming Language)