At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai's human health care (hhc) mission. We're a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer's disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Manager, Publications is responsible for implementing publication planning activities and deliverables to meet the needs of external customers and internal business partners for assigned products. The manager will be responsible for coordination and management of cross-functional publication teams and ensure that there is no overlap/redundancy in global publication activities. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, management of publication activities throughout the product lifecycle such as development, submission and successful publication of manuscripts, congress abstracts, posters, slide sets, with the goal of timely completion of high-quality, peer-reviewed publications. Key functions of this role are managerial in nature. Accordingly, as part of the publications process, the manager will oversee the selection and will ensure that the contract responsibilities of any third-party vendors (including the medical writing and publications agencies) are met. The manager will also be responsible for overseeing the internal review process for all publications. Additionally, he/or she will ensure that implementation of the publication plans are in compliance with relevant guidelines. An ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders (including investigators) is required. The manager will also provide guidance on appropriate journal/congress selection. Active participation and support of Medical Directors in the planning and execution of Advisory Board meetings is also required.
* Implement medical communication activities for assigned products, including all aspects of publication planning activities, development and maintaining plans in collaboration with Medical Director; development of congress abstracts, posters, slide sets and manuscripts. Serve as liaison with external key opinion leaders and authors on publication development. 50%
* Collaborate with Medical Directors on the planning and execution of Scientific Advisory Board meetings. Ensure all documentation associated with advisory boards is entered into the aggregate spend reporting system. 20%
* Oversee internal review process for all publications, slide sets and related materials. 20%
* Analyze and communicate scientific literature. Create reports to communicate relevant information to colleagues and internal business partners. Collaborate with Medical Director to manage focused analyses of existing and new data in order to identify needs and requirements for publication plans. 10%
* Advanced degree preferred or BS with science major
* 5+ years experience with minimum of 2-4 years of experience in publication planning or equivalent in pharmaceutical industry; CMPP certification desired
* Working knowledge of regulatory procedures and government practices pertaining to publication activities obtained through industry experience.
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks within assigned objectives
* Demonstrable writing ability and the ability to understand, analyze, and summarize medical literature
* Proficiency in use of PC applications
* Experience with standardized publication planning software (ie, Datavision)
* Ability to travel up to 25%
Eisai requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination as of their start date, to the extent permitted under applicable law. This requirement is a condition of employment at Eisai, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at an Eisai site, field based or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine for qualifying medical reasons (including pregnancy-related), or religious reasons (sincerely held religious beliefs), you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation
Eisai requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination as of their start date, to the extent permitted under applicable law. This requirement is a condition of employment at Eisai, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at an Eisai site, field based or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine for qualifying medical reasons (including pregnancy-related), or religious reasons (sincerely held religious beliefs), you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
Right To Work
- Certified Mold Project Planner
- Requirement Prioritization