Job Summary & Essential Functions:
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
As a member of the Corporate Internal Audit Team, the Senior Auditor will perform an important functional role in leading and performing financial and operational reviews and various value-add projects under the direction of internal audit management. The Senior Auditor will be responsible for assisting Internal Audit management with project planning, execution, and reporting. Additionally, this role will review low and medium risk project work, mentor less experienced staff, and assist in the oversight of outside resources. To be successful in this position, the candidate must demonstrate leadership and management skills, strong relationship building and communication skills, and flexibility in working with people from all levels of the organization.
The following are the primary responsibilities for the position:
Required Skills & Qualifications:
Obtain and maintain a general understanding of business activities, objectives, applicable laws, regulations, and associated risks to the company and industry.
- Support the execution of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 testing procedures as well as various operational audit projects. (i.e., lead planning activities, develop and complete test plans of key controls, document results and recommendations for improvements, and communicate results to management under direction of Internal Audit management).
- Ensure audit documentation is prepared to support the work performed and results drawn in accordance with professional and department standards.
- Review work performed by other team members and provide guidance to ensure conclusions are properly supported and work product meets department guidelines.
- Ensure assignments are completed within established time frames and that delays/issues/concerns are communicated to Internal Audit management on a timely basis.
- Assist with the overall improvement of the organization's internal control structure through making recommendations that strengthen internal controls, improve the accuracy of financial statements, and achieve operational efficiencies.
- Provide feedback on new systems development and implementation projects to ensure controls are properly designed and in place.
- Lead Internal Audit's monitoring of control deficiency remediation and closure with management.
- Maintain corporate audit independence and objectivity in all assignments.
- Partner with process owners to promote and support a culture of continuous process improvement and efficiency driving toward standardized practices.
- Stay abreast of audit and accounting standards and emerging issues in the areas applicable to the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Strong time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the execution of assignments and communication with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills - ability to work closely and collaboratively with people at all levels in the department and within the organization.
- Detail oriented and able to understand and apply situations to the global picture.
- Strong analytical thinker with ability to proactively identify issues and assist in resolution.
Excellent computer skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge, plus any certifications in order to be considered.
- Undergraduate Degree required. Accounting/Finance preferred.
Possession of or working towards a professional certification required (CIA, CISA, CPA, etc.).
- Minimum 4 years of audit experience, (internal audit or public accounting). Related experience in Aerospace & Defense/manufacturing helpful. Operational audit experience a plus.
- Sarbanes-Oxley or similar controls testing experience required.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Safety glasses, safety shoes and other designated personal protective equipment as required for the position.
The work environment is climate controlled. Office environment with some exposure to production areas which require personal protective equipment.