Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD
is looking for a Staff Scientist/Geologist/Engineer
to join our team in Tucson, AZ
. As a staff level Environmental Professional you will have the opportunity to perform project coordination tasks for petroleum hydrocarbon site assessment and remediation projects. This position is an integral part of our contamination, assessment, and remediation (CAR) business group and requires a diverse array of responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities include supporting project managers with the following activities:
- Field implementation of work plans
- Health and Safety Plan preparation
- Drilling bid preparation and subcontractor procurement
- Field work planning and coordination
- Oversight of subcontractors during utility locates, borehole clearance, subsurface exploratory drilling, excavating, groundwater monitoring, waste removal, etc.
- Collecting soil, groundwater, vapor, and surface water samples
- Soil logging using the Unified Soil Classification System
- Permanent and temporary monitoring well construction
- Problem resolution due to unexpected field conditions
- Support clients during emergency response projects
- Prepare budgets and schedules
- Assist with report writing to document field activities and investigation findings
- 4 year Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Geology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science or equivalent.
- 2 – 5 years of related experience including the management, investigation, remediation and monitoring of environmental projects
- Ability to perform field work and travel overnight
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Basic understanding of California Regional Water Quality Control Board and Local Oversight Program Requirements for site cleanups.
- Must be self motivated, organized, hard working, and have strong written and technical skills
- Commitment to safety utilizing a behavior based safety (BBS) culture in all aspects of the job
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification activities
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.