My client is a multi-family home building, general contractor, and fine carpentry firm that operates in the South End of Boston. They complete larger value products, and are seeking an Accountant with a plethora of experience in the industry.
My client is seeking an experienced construction Accountant to help manage their daily accounting and financial requirements. The firm is smaller but well respected luxury construction firm with many clients throughout the Boston and South Boston area. Their owner prides the business on its attention to detail and project satisfaction. In addition to being organized and professional, our client also requires the candidate to possess proficient communication and customer relations skills.
The ideal candidate for this Accounting position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable, and timely. The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Balancing and maintaining accurate ledgers
- Matching purchase orders with invoices
- Coordinating bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Monitoring office expenses and tally cash receipts
- Paying vendor invoices
- Managing and maintenance of Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Developing monthly financial statements (cash flow, profit/loss statements, and balance sheets)
- Preparing quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll
The successful candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
- Needs to be a quick book expert
- Needs to have a construction background
- Needs to have a property management experience
- Needs to have some real estate development experience with accounting
- Needs to have filing tax experience.
- Needs to be Microsoft Excel proficient
- Needs to have at least a Diploma in accounting.
- Needs to have at least 10 years experience in some or all of these fields.
- Looking to hire right away.
- Salary based on candidates experience
Apply now for immediate consideration.
In return for a very competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will posses the following:
- Salary range is 50-65K
- The position offers an IRA
- Dental etc.
- 6-8 paid holidays, and PTO
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Concentration in Accounting/ Major in Accounting (or related field)
• 4 to 5 years + experience in construction Accounting
• Proficient with SAGE 100 (essential)
Standard Accounting Practices