The Finance Manager is responsible for running day to day functions of facility financial activity. The Manager monitors and controls budgetary performance. The Manager will develop and maintain effective costing systems, analyze manufacturing costs and variances, and manage inventory and plant fixed assets. The Manager is responsible for month end reporting including supporting schedules for the Clinical Procedural Solutions (CPS) group financial reporting.
1. Manages month-end manufacturing and cost/financial accounting close, ensuring the production of accurate and timely profit and lost (P&L) and balance sheets.
2. Prepares month-end management information reports and presentations, including analysis and graphs for all key manufacturing performance indicators.
3. Maintains cost accounting system, standards, data bases and files; monitors and controls additions and modifications to standards and costing system; develops annual detail standard costs.
4. Actively manages inventory to reduce obsolescence, losses and excess inventory holding.
5. Ensures inventory accuracy and valuation through accurate standard costs, bills of materials and routings and participation in periodic cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
6. Ensures fixed asset registers are maintained and manages the annual fixed asset audit.
7. Prepares sales and margin analysis; investigates adverse margins.
8. Provides appropriate support for pricing, purchasing and other commercial decisions.
9. Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
10. Initiates and participates in cost improvement programs and provides support to plant efficiency programs, including lean and six sigma projects.
11. Analyzes manufacturing operations and equipment availability, utilization and performance and recommends improvements.
12. Manages the annual budgeting process and reporting to agreed timelines and ensure budgetary controls in place and appropriate tracking mechanisms for target improvement areas.
13. Develops the financial processes at the plant to optimize efficiency and ensure accurate reporting and effective internal controls in place.
14. Manages and develops facility accounting staff and ensure adequate training and cross cover in place.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
2. Eight plus years of related experience required , preferably in a medical device or manufacturing environment
3. Five or more years of managerial experience required
4. Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Strong analytical and problem solving ability
2. Working of knowledge of MS Office including PowerPoint and Outlook; strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel; proficient in SAP
3. Proven experience in a high pressure and in a fast paced environment
4. Ability to multi-task, work independently and establish priorities; stay organized and exercise flexibility when working on multiple projects
5. Must have a strong accounting technical background
6. Ability to manage and implement complex financial projects under limited supervision
7. Strong ability and experience managing and performing multiple concurrent tasks
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate financial concepts to non-financial audiences
9. Ability to plan work for self and coordinate with others to meet multiple deadlines
10. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
1. Ability to travel up to 10%
Note: Owens & Minor is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our Company via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company as a result of the referral or through other means.