The Community Health Worker is responsible independent assessments involving Medicaid/ Medicare beneficiaries.
- Administers field based Independent Assessments to beneficiaries.
- Requires daily travel to and from appointments at Provider offices, beneficiary homes, and other community meeting locations within a specific region of Arkansas
- Communicates in a culturally sensitive manner to individuals whose support needs are being assessed within the mental health and/or developmental disabled populations.
- Assessing individuals who may be depressed or suicidal
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines.
- Requires little assistance with standard and non-standard requests.
- Works with supervisor to solve more complex problems.
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Works with others as part of a team.
. Requires a four-year Bachelor's degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field with at least one year experience in mental health counseling and/or working with developmental disabled beneficiaries, psychology, or social work.
. Crisis Experience- i.e. experience working with individuals who are going through a high intensity situation involving depression or suicidal tendencies.
. Possess at least one year of working directly with beneficiaries within the mental health population, or at least two years working directly with beneficiaries having behavioral health issues.
. Experience working with these populations in face-to-face settings is preferred.
. Possess ability to meet any requirements of a Qualified Developmental Disability Professional (QDDP) if serving developmental disabled beneficiaries.
. Requires daily travel to and from appointments at Provider offices, beneficiary homes, and other community meeting locations within a specific region of Arkansas.
. Must possess the ability to navigate a Windows based environment and create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word; and the ability to navigate Outlook and conduct Internet searches.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Mental Health Counseling