Senior Control Systems Technician
The Sr Control Systems Technician will be working within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to controls, focusing on equipment, troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets. This position will provide proper training to the Facility Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance
- Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change using Rockwell RSLogix family IDE’s 5000 required
- Perform Allen Bradley (A&B) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- Must be Familiar with A&B PLC processers (CompactLogix and ControlLogix) and input/output modules.
- Knowledge of other non-A&B control systems such as OPTO, Crisplant and Buschman BOSS would be a plus.
- Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings.
- Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the facilities team.
- Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Actively participate in the Control System SharePoint site development and weekly conference calls. Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.
- Actively participate in local or network level control projects and Kaizens.
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts or tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- 3+ years of control system working experience in Allen Bradley PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support.
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays).
- Position may be required to be on-call, including holidays and weekends.
- Experience with email and MS Excel
- Experience in Allen Bradley (A&B) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- 2+ years AutoCAD work experience on control layout design and schematic.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A 2 year professional electrical/ technical training degree or a 4 year BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Self-motivated and customer-centric
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at URL blocked - click to apply.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at URL blocked - click to apply
Computer Control Systems
Human Computer Interaction
Programmable Logic Controllers