Grand Rapids, MI ( Part-Time)
El Milagro is looking for a hardworking dedicated H.R generalist that will uphold El Milagros core values & contribute to its ongoing goal to provide a product as well as a quality& safe work environment for our employees.
Generalists at El-Milagro are continuously engaged in duties and managing programs (listed below) to achieve the departments goals: To increase employee involvement, contribution, and development as well as to cultivate a positively structured and supportive work environment. A successful candidate will possess a sense of urgency, strong communication skills, and will be primarily focused on increasing the well-being/success of both the company and its employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Policy management: Administer and interpret company policies representing the organization in investigations related to employment law compliance. Aid in resolving employee relation issues with actions consistent with corporate policies.
- HR Operations: Manage the maintenance of HR files and I-9s for compliance.
- Performance Management: Work with the managers to determine the appropriate course of action with regards to performance management, safety, and attendance concerns.
- Talent Acquisition: Work with management to create, deliver and manage a staffing plan. Manage open positions throughout the full recruitment process (e.g., resumes, interview notes, and selection process).
- Employee Learning and Development: Conduct new employee orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as Respect in the Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety training and additional training as needed.
- Employee Programs & Events: Administer the employee Benefits Open Enrollment Process. Assist the HR Manager with developing, implementing, and cultivating Positive Employee Relations programs. Assist with employee event planning.
- Administration: Manage headcount, turnover, exit interviews, and attendance tracking. Update job descriptions as positions evolve/develop with organizational needs. Provide timely responses to associates HR inquiries.
- Assist and support all HR activities/duties as needed.
- PHR certification (favorable but not required).
- Bachelor degree in H.R, business, or Industrial Psychology or something related.
- Knowledge of Benefits and Human Resource Law.
- Spanish Speaking; robust communication skills in Spanish, both on an individual and large group basis. Effective presentation skills in both languages.
- 2+ years of human resource generalist experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to be coachable and trainable for cross-training/development within the HR department in preparation for future progression.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with online recruitment systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and, highly flexible for adapting to changes in work schedule.
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking, prioritization skills, and project management skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, use creative thinking skills, and act as decision maker.
- Ability to travel when necessary (approximately 10% of total work year).
- Commercial Awareness
- Decision Making