Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role has the opportunity to impact the day-to-day healthcare experience of over 100M lives. As part of the Enterprise Enrollment & Eligibility functional domain, the individual in this role will be responsible for the pipeline of enrollment and eligibility data as it flows from intake to consumption. Specifically, this role will focus on the definition of standard data pipelines, capture of data lineage and transformations, along with an eye on overall appropriate usage at the various lifecycle stages. To be successful in this role, the individual will need to be naturally curious, willing to learn every day, and have the unique combination of technical acumen, business understanding, and persistence to champion and negotiate your solutions with diverse stakeholders.
Functions may include database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles. Responsibilities may include Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems. Duties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments. Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and align optimal data pipeline architecture - including development related to data acquisition and monitoring, data quality, integration, normalization, and analytics development
- Design and incorporate enterprise requirements into data models, canonical standards for exchange of data and promote usage of industry standards such as FHIR in the enrollment and eligibility domains.
- Identify, design, and align internal process improvements, such as: Data encryption, Data de-identification, access control (role and attribute based), automation, optimizing data delivery, redesigning the data platform and data pipelines for greater scalability
- Develop/design appropriate orchestration and structures supporting data transformation, metadata, code dependency and workload management
- Work with the business and product teams to design, develop and maintain specialized data products within the eligibility domain
- Create, manage, and maintain library of data products and data pipelines to meet business requirements within provided technical designs, frameworks, and patterns
- Create data product documentation including robust data dictionaries and metadata tagging
- Build required processes for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that are testable and maintainable, meeting code quality targets
- Understand and follow the restrictions around use of PHI/PII data for analysis, research, development, and testing
- Work with product and compliance teams to apply appropriate data usage rights for data products created
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- Experience building complex data pipelines or ETLs in large scale big Data platforms or data lakes
- Programming experience with Python or Scala
- Experience with Data modeling and SQL
- Experience working in cloud environments such as GCP, Azure or AWS
- Experience working with Kafka, Airflow, Azure Data Factory or similar orchestration tools
- Experience designing and implementing a data lake architecture and enterprise data solutions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.