Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This position is an entry-level operations position with various basic responsibilities depending on assigned work area, including rotating to different positions in the work area at specified intervals. He / she will be responsible for area housekeeping and other duties as assigned by area leader.
Essential Job Functions:
- Continuously inspect product to ensure highest levels of quality standards;
- Remove all baskets that are not clean and / or are broken and store in designated area;
- Cross train in any skill-equivalent assignments as deemed necessary by the area lead;
- Review pertinent information with the previous and oncoming shifts such as safety / food safety / mechanical issues, etc.;
- Assist key positions such as Utilities; Operators; Baggers, etc. when possible;
- Clean equipment;
- Remove trash as necessary;
- Maintain a safe neat and clean work area accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good House Keeping Practices (GHP's);
- Communicate effectively and foster a positive working relationship with all co-workers
- Follow all JSA guidelines
- Adhere to plant policies/procedures, safety rules, GMP's, and Food Safety Policies and Practices;
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Area Specific Functions:
- ensure product flow from the product feed conveyor through the slicers;
- monitor slicer infeed and exit to prevent jam-ups;
- pack finished product into cases in accordance with specifications;
- place cartons on the superior and document lot codes for each variety;
- remove bags that don't meet specification from infeed conveyor;
Line 3 Moulder
- set panning to assure the dough piece seam is on the bottom and monitor;
- take dough weights and enter into CornerStone system;
- fill all flour hoppers and monitor usage;
- Place pans as necessary for gaps
Packaging, All 3 Lines
- straighten product prior to the slicer;
- monitor slicer infeed to prevent jam-ups;
- remove thrift and / or damaged product from the line;
- rack off product as required;
- pack product into baskets in accordance with specifications;
- sort raisins;
- relieve Platform Assistant;
- Education - high school diploma or equivalent;
- Experience – prior food-related experience preferred;
- Other Skills – ability to read, write & understand English;
- All - Personal Protective Equipment (JSA's) Dry - Superior
- All - housekeeping equipment Dry & Processing – pallet jack
- All - conveyors Processing - raisin table
- All - baskets/dollies Processing - utility knife
Critical Demands of the Job:
Rarely 1 - 5% (4.5 min. – 25 min)
Occasionally 6 – 33 % (27 min. – 2 hrs.45 min)
Frequently 34 – 66 % (3 hrs. – 5 hrs.)
Continuously 67 – 100 % (5 hrs – 7.5 hrs)
- Standing and walking – Continuously
- Turning body side-to-side – Continuously
- Lifting product weight of 2# - 30# -- Occasionally
- Grasp/handle – Continuously
- Reach away from body – Frequently
- Reach above shoulder level – Rarely
- Crouching – Rarely
- Push/pull force – Rarely
- Assume awkward position during daily routine – Rarely
- Forward bending – Occasionally
- Visualize – Continuously
- 8-12 Hour shift. Will receive two 15-minute breaks and one 30-minute meal period. Overtime and weekend work is required.
- Environment – Noise levels will be minimal to moderate and temperature will be controlled. Lighting is sufficient. There is a possibility of slippery footing and dust from dry ingredients.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Entry Level Employee - Temporary-4 for additional information.
- Food Safety
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Packaging And Labeling