TITLE: Sr. Accountant, Product Costing, NA Financial Reporting
LOCATION: Ottawa, IL
DURATION: 1 year contract
PAY RATE: $30/hr. (will increase to $32/hr. after 6 months)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 2-7 years
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science or Art Degree in Accounting or Finance
SCHEDULE: Full-time, M-F 8-5 (Flexible)
The Senior Accountant will work closely with Operations, Economic & Business Support (E&BS) and the Functional Forms Business Unit (BU) Finance functions to ensure timely and accurate creation of auditable financial statements related to the Functional Forms manufacturing operation. Senior Accountant will achieve this via execution of the monthly period end closing process, via periodic reconciliation of accounts, through analysis and the application of internal controls, to ensure accuracy and proper controllership.
Primary Functions & Essential Responsibilities
- Direct accounting and reporting responsibility for Inventory and related processes and cost accounting for a manufacturing site and/or assigned product line.
- Complete month end close activities including journal entries, variance analysis and financial reporting
- Responsible for the successful completion of Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations for all assigned accounts
- Responsible for the oversight of the monthly cycle counting program.
- Responsible for assisting Operations with the planning, execution and reconciliation of the annual physical inventory for the site
- Understand, establish and maintain a set of internal controls to help verify the accuracy of the financial results reported for the site
- Internal and external Audit support
- Project support
- Ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Travel: 0-10%
- Position reports to Product Costing Supervisor
- Specific knowledge of cost accounting and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP, IFRS, SOCPA)
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
EXCEL TEST IS REQUIRED
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
Thank you for choosing Kelly Services!
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
International Financial Reporting Standards
Analysis Of Variance