LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (URL blocked - click to apply) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
As part of the Architecture and Excellence team, the Solutions Architect is responsible for defining the technical strategic vision of how innovation will transform our business and leadership, educating peers and business leaders on innovation platforms, and crafting compelling enterprise narratives on the changes required for success in innovation. They will advise on strategies for digital transformation and digital innovation with a focus on increasing business value through technology disruptions. The successful candidate will have come through the ranks of development, technical team leadership, and architecture; they will be a confident influencer, unafraid to hold firm on appropriate solution choices while being pragmatic enough to make well-rounded decisions based on what's important today and for tomorrows direction. Further, this person will conduct research on industry trends, regularly meet with key vendors to identify opportunities to enhance IT value to the business, and demonstrate results in providing technical direction and guidance that enable the best innovation platforms to meet business needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide innovation thought leadership, technical governance, and oversite for ITS initiatives
- Review RFPs, requirements, emerging business needs, business trends, industry and market trends, and translate them to business impact
- Champion innovation projects of high business value with organizational leaders
- Ensure ITS solutions are designed for agility, responsiveness, stability
- Provide guidance and consultation to architect solutions using established and/or emerging technologies
- Develop and maintain technical innovation roadmaps in partnership with Service Excellence
- Regularly meet with key vendors and identify new strategic vendor relationships
- Collaborate with the ITS organization and ensure alignment across groups
- Enforce architectural guiding principles and industry best practices across all technologies
- Apply sound financial management, commercial awareness, and investment judgment skills
- Identify and address technical or operational risks and areas of improvements relevant to our business
- Develop architectural views (business, technical, solution), reference and future-state models, and roadmaps
- Assess the business impact of multiple technologies/strategies and create transformation analysis
- Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Write or contribute to articles about emerging technologies and their relevance to our business
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10-12 years of experience in a technical design/architect level position
- Experience with infrastructure solutions such as Azure, directory services, collaboration, and virtualization,
- General knowledge of key global application functionality, for example, SAP
- Deep understanding and working experience of working with data & integration platforms, SaaS, and IaaS
- Experience driving technical conversations with stakeholders at various levels within an organization, including clients, IT technicians/managers and C-level executives
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Data Center design and the ability to build HA and DR solutions to match business objectives
- Broad experience and understanding of IT disciplines, standards, and best practices
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to clearly communicate trends with relevant data, and describe technical and business impacts
- Degree in a related field such as Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years' experience is the Manufacturing, Petrochemical or Oil and Gas Industries.
- Experience with SAP environments.
- Proven track record of innovation, both in internal problem solving and fostering innovative uses of technology
- TOGAF Certification
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available URL blocked - click to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Houston