Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
A Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse is a licensed professional who provides direct and indirect patient care services under the direction of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the physician’s plan of care following the policies and procedures of Option Care, the state’s professional standards, and regulatory entities. The Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse is responsible for implementing care plan and educating patients/caregivers.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Manages time effectively to deliver accurate and appropriate patient care. Arranges daily visit times in accordance with patient care requirements under the direction of a Registered Nurse I or II. Implements a Plan of Care based on physician orders, RN supervisor instruction, and patient needs.
- Effectively communicates with agency staff, medical team, patients, and family. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, safely performs and documents nursing care provided in a manner consistent with established standards of practice, federal and state regulations, and agency policy. Per State regulations, is able to receive, and transcribe verbal prescriber orders. Prepares and submits documentation outlining services rendered within the required time frame. Promptly communicates with registered nurse and supervisor regarding problems, change in status, and goal attainment. Participates in multidisciplinary team conferences. Educates patients per the prescriber plan of treatment and under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Maintains Confidentiality of patient and proprietary information. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Demonstrates current knowledge regarding the care and management of patients in the alternate site.
- Participates in the nursing department on-call responsibilities as appropriate.
- Participates in in-services offered by the various departments.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) No
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Currently licensed by the State Board of Nursing Examiners, in the current state(s) of practice and at least (1) one year of experience as a LPN/LVN under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Required licensure as LPN/LVN as granted by State Board of Nursing Examiners.
- Required certification in CPR.
- Satisfactory completion of intravenous therapy training program per State requirements as applicable.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and a proof of insurance would be required.
- Demonstrated competency in patient care standards required for safe delivery of services as evidenced by completion of orientation and licensed practical/vocational nursing skills checklist ie: Basic nursing skills, Infusion skills, wound care and clinical documentation.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
Travel Requirements: (if required)
Willing to travel 100% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Required Satisfactory completion of Infusion Therapy course work.
- At least 1 year of previous infusion experience.
- At least 2 years of previous Home Health Care experience.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurses
Registered Nurse Certified
Intravenous (Iv) Fusions