We’re JLL, a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. We’re looking for a Facilities Manager (FM) to join our team in NYC. The Facility Manager (FM) is responsible for working directly with the client to ensure a thorough understanding of its operating and capital budgets. Once developed, the FM with the assistance of the Director of Operations must oversee the implementation of approved initiatives and programs by managing and coordinating the efforts of the property team (e.g. vendors, contractors, and building employees).The FM is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of the team such as Assistant Facility Manager and Facility Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes written goals and objectives for employees; Assistant Facility Manager, Facility Coordinator and Administrative Assistant. Conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations. Develop training program and career path for employees.
- Works with Chief Engineer and Property Management team to ensure daily work orders such as HVAC, cleaning and lighting requests are addressed in accordance with SLA.
- Conduct and manage property and facility inspections on a regular basis and in accordance with the MSA (Management Services Agreement).
- Supervise and oversee alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
- Acts as primary contact for non-MEP service contractors and vendors such as janitorial, exterminating, lighting, metal, wood and stone.
- Oversee management of facility operations in all amenity spaces such as Auditorium, Cafeteria, Conference Center, Fitness Center and Executive Dining.
- Works with the Financial Services Manager and Director of Operations to prepare annual operating and capital budgets.
- Approves invoices for contracts, repairs and supplies in accordance with operating budget.
- Prepares monthly accruals, reforecasts and variance financial reports, with the assistance of the Assistant Facility Manager.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the policies enumerated within the Jones Lang LaSalle Personnel Handbook and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Knows, understands and sets an example relative to the policies within the Jones Lang LaSalle Personnel Handbook.
- Work with Engineering Manager and the Procurement Manager to competitively bid and prepare all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services. Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits recommendations to JLL Director of IFM and Corporate Services.
- Responsible for escalations of incidents through CSRE following SOP’s.
- Liaison with vendor partner services.
- Coordinates Pilot Programs, introduces innovations and spearheads special projects.
- Approve administration staff payroll.
- Ensure LEED NC and EB compliance with staff and outside vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties Inclue
- Daily inspections of the facilities and buildings grounds.
- Coordinates response to more complicated tenant service requests and assures follow-up.
- Assist the Director of Operations in meeting the assigned criteria within the Operations Audit. Assure compliance with Management Audit with the assistance of the Administrative Assistant. Assures compliance with JLL and client policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Assist in the development and implementation of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
Critical Competencies for Success:
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.