Quality Engineer Intern Job Title Quality Engineer Intern Job # US11291 Requisition Type Intern/Apprentice Function Operations State/Province Wisconsin City Middleton Region US Posting Start Date Sep-12-2019 Division Information
Spectrum Home & Personal Care (HPC) Division participates on a Global basis in small electric appliances, shave/groom appliances and beauty appliances. Our well- known brands include George Foreman®, Black+Decker®, Farberware®, Breadman®, Juiceman®, Russell Hobbs® and Remington®. Our products appeal to consumer trends for healthy eating, stay-at-home cooking, creating today's new hair style and much more. We distinguish our product offerings from the competition by employing forward thinking, innovative technologies matched with a strong understanding of consumer needs to bring to market high quality, superior products that delight the end user.
The Quality Engineer intern will provide assistance to the Quality Engineering and lab team with various projects in the area of life, benchmark, and failure analysis testing of consumer products
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Education and Experience Profile
- Model the Spectrum Brands eight Core Capabilities to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility.
- Perform engineering performance, life and electrical safety testing of Spectrum Brands products to ensure product’s performance and compliance with Spectrum Brands Product Specifications
- Perform benchmark testing of competitors' products
- Set up and monitor accelerated life tests of portable kitchen appliance products
- Assist Quality Engineers in pursuing product improvement projects
- Assist NPD and quality teams with returns analysis, recommends corrective action
- With oversight, ensure accurate test results and proper maintenance of laboratory equipment, such as data acquisition, DVM, oscilloscope, current meter
- Compile lab reports using standard office software, including MS Excel and MS Word
- Use oral and written communication skills to update management, peers and team members of work progress and findings. Participate in cross-functional meetings and interface effectively with other functional areas.
- Current enrollment in an Engineering program with a sophomore or higher level standing.
- Ability to work effectively on teams.
- Ability to perform basic office tasks (e.g. Word, Excel, CAD, etc.).
- Must be a decisive, action-orientated individual.
- Proven ability to communicate cross-functionally.
- Must have excellent written and presentation skills.
- Must be able to analyze data, situations and develop range of solutions
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Service Excellence Health Care
New Product Development