To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mobile, AL 36560
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Capital Investments and Services Purchasing Analyst
AM/NS Calvert • Mobile, AL
Posted 6 days ago
Requisition ID: 11676
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
Day-to-day responsibility for a buying desk in a specific commodity group within the Purchasing Department.
Ensure plant needs and requirements are met while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Fulfill the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Fulfill the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment.
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001:2004 and TS16949:2009
- Quotes and negotiates (when applicable) and issues purchase orders up to authorized limits for indirect-/direct materials, onsite services (e.g. industrial cleaning, scaffolding etc.) and capital projects (various sizes).
- Balances the price, delivery, quality, service and value tradeoffs and rationalizes the supply base on the given buying desk.
- Follows up with requestors and end users regarding purchase order due dates and status when inquiries are made.
- Follows all Purchasing/Supply Chain policies, procedures, guidelines, and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials and particularly the ability to keep confidential information regarding all purchasing or commodity strategies confidential.
- Provides assistance to related departments when applicable to the assigned buying desk (e.g., supplier invoice discrepancies with Accounting, non-conforming material and supplier root cause, etc.).
- Negotiates, or assists in the negotiation of, short and long-term agreements.
- Assists with, or conducts, supplier site audits and investigations.
- Maintains the Buyer scorecard for the assigned buying desk to assist with cost savings/cost avoidance reporting.
- Serves as the main point of contact for outside departments (Engineering, Accounting, HR, etc.) as well as suppliers.
Education and Accreditation:
- BS in Finance/Accounting, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- Strong project management skills, and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Understanding of Contract/Legal Terminology and Language at an intermediate/proficient level.
- 2 + years’ experience in purchasing/buying
- PC and software literate, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relational databases.
- Market and Industry research/analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices.
- Project Management/Analytical/Leadership skills.
- Statistical Analysis
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Flexible, adaptable team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Tools and Equipment: Laptop, smart phone
Working Conditions: Office Environment
Hours of Work: Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads.
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-289-3000 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.