Founded as ProvidenceHospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence'stwo free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practicesmaintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion.On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network,and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to betterrepresent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality,compassion, and Christ,Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health iscurrently looking for an experienced RN to join our Surgical Telemetryteam at our Downtown Campus. This is a PRN position.
- Assesses patient's statuswithin identified functional health patterns, ie management of health, growthand development, oxygenation, activity, etc.
- Assesses family status asit impacts the patient.
- Identifies, based onassessment data, appropriate nursing diagnosis or collaborative problems whichcan be addressed through nursing interventions. Makes nursing judgments basedon findings
- Identifies learning needsthrough assessment of patient knowledge. Plans and coordinates teaching methodsand content to achieve desired outcomes.
- Plans carecollaboratively with family/patient, physicians and other health care teammembers. Prioritizes and delegates to health care team appropriately.
- Initiates anindividualized nursing care plan and evaluates variances to expected course.
- Interprets clinicalfindings and correlates with patient's condition. Identifies patient/familyresponses to treatment and continually evaluates effectiveness of care.
- Revises the care planbased on evaluation of effectiveness in achieving outcomes.
- Coordinates and assurescompletion of care as ordered by physicians and as planned in the nursing careplan.
- Assumesresponsibility/accountability for the plan of care.
- Consults with physiciansregularly regarding patient progress. Collaborates with the medical staffregarding appropriateness of daily and routine orders based on change in thepatient's status.
- Facilitates the smoothtransition of care when a patient is transferred to another unit/facility.
- Is knowledgeable ofpatient's status during entire length of stay on the patient care unit/orservice line.
- Demonstratesresponsibility for achievement of identified patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competenceto provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the patientpopulations admitted to the patient care unit/service line.
- Demonstrates clinicalskills necessary to support and assist attending and consulting physicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge ofevents, activities and changes in policies and procedures affecting practice.
- Ensures that care isdelivered to assigned patients in accordance with medical orders and nursingstandards and is documented in clinical records and on plans of care.
Prior experience andknowledge as a floor nurse preferred.
1 year of experiencerequired.
Graduate of an accreditedschool of nursing. Associate Degree in Nursing, Bachelor's Degree in Nursingpreferred.
Current license as a Registered Nurse from S.C.
Current BLS upon hire with American Heart Association.
ACLS required within 90 days of hire or unit transfer.
PRNEqual opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Medical Orders For Life Sustaining Treatments
Registered Nurse Certified