As a national leader in the construction industry, Suffolk is redefining what it means to build. We challenge the status quo every day by gathering the people, innovations, and partnerships that can explore and go after new ways to do our jobs. Our focus on high-performing teams and technology translates to groundbreaking solutions for all industry sectors and phases of building. We provide value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging our core construction management services alongside vertical service lines, an approach that is revolutionizing the industry and making a permanent mark on the world of business. Join us for a thrilling experience that will energize you, challenge you, and propel your career.
Suffolk is a national enterprise that invests, innovates, and builds. We provide value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging our core construction management services with vertical service lines that include real estate capital investment, design, self-perform construction services, technology start-up investment and innovation research and development. We have $4.5 billion in annual revenue, 2,400 employees, and main offices in Boston (headquarters), New York, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Estero, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. We serve clients in every major industry sector, including health care, science and technology, education, gaming, transportation and aviation, and commercial. Suffolk is privately held and is led by founder, chairman and CEO John Fish. We're ranked #23 on the Engineering News Record list of "Top 400 Contractors." And we're proud to be a certified 2021 "Great Place to Work." For more information, visit www.suffolk.com and follow Suffolk on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Suffolk is seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We'll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We'll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you'll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to learn the industry and lay the foundation for lifelong success.
This is an entry level rotational program for recent college graduates with 0-2 years work experience. The Project Engineer participates in Suffolk's two-year career development program, Career Start. This program consists of three eight-month rotations in Project Management, Estimating and Field Operations.
As a Career Start - Project Engineer, you'll complete three rotations to master the fundamentals of Estimating, Project Management, and Field Operations.
In your estimating rotation you will work with the preconstruction team on a host of projects, creating detailed estimates that forecast the total cost of each project.
* Assist with a Subcontractor database.
* Assist with assembling Bid Documents for pricing.
* Document Take-off's
* Assist with the development and updating of the scope sheet for subcontractor pricing.
* Develop Trade Spreadsheet for Subcontractors' Bids.
* Assist with Subcontractor pricing.
* Assist in development of the detailed estimate.
* Participate in Architect/Owner Meetings.
* Assist with Preparation of "Hard Bids".
Field Operations -
In your field rotation you will support Superintendents in the daily operations of the jobsite. You will be Suffolk's 'boots on the ground', managing our trade partners to ensure the team delivers a quality product, on budget and on time.
* Gain a basic knowledge and understanding of document control.
* Knowledge on reading and processing basic shop drawings and comparing them to project documents. Verification of shop drawings to field conditions.
* Support the quality control and punch list process.
* Assist with site logistics and Construction Management Plan.
* Assist with safety requirements on the job.
* Assist Superintendent with project documentation including the Daily Report.
Project Management -
In your project management rotation, you will support Project Managers in the oversight and allocation of all project resources. This includes coordinating trade partners, material and equipment procurement and managing the budget.
* Assist with purchasing process, from procurement through execution of the Subcontract/PO.
* Assist with processing of vendor and subcontractor requisitions.
* Gain a basic understanding of contract documents.
* Assist with the owner requisition process.
* Assist with the submittal, procurement, and delivery process.
* Support the punch list process and work with the team to develop O&M Manuals and as-built warranty information.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field
* 0-2 years of related experience
* Computer Literate
* Good communication skills
* Accurate with an attention to detail
* Candidate must possess Suffolk's Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism, and Caring
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Keyboards
- Computer Literacy
- Construction Management