To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- DeKalb, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transdev North America • DeKalb, IL
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Administrative Clerk performs administrative duties and office support activities for a team or department.
- Coordinates documents, correspondence and web pages, including letters, reports, emails, presentations, memos, faxes, etc.
- Reviews documents and proofreads work for grammar and spelling, accuracy, consistency of terms, and completeness; ensures document text and graphics adhere to corporate and organization guidelines and standards.
- Arranges travel for team or department; completes expense reports in a timely manner.
- Acquires, reviews, inputs, and formats accurate data into mainframe, Internet, spreadsheets, databases and other electronic tools.
- Interfaces and communicates with internal and external customers; directs people to the appropriate resource; researches solutions and responds to email and phone inquiries with input from direct supervisor.
- Prepares documentation for payment of vendors, consultants, and suppliers; submits documentation and enters request for payments into accounting system; responds to inquiries from accounts payable and payees.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of improvement processes; actively participates in self and team audits and resulting process improvements.
- Develops a strong network within the department; draws on network to answer questions, solve problems, and successfully execute responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience required
- Ability to accurately type 45-55 words per minute
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret instructions, policies, and procedures
- Good written and oral communication skills; uses good grammar and appropriate form in routine correspondence; uses tact, diplomacy, and flexibility in all interactions
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details
- Basic math skills
- Must submit to drug test and background check
- Will be tested on tools related to job requirements
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Requisition ID 2018-9417
Position Category Administrative/Clerical/Payroll/HR/Accounting
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 239
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services