To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2688 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, CA 95134
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Program Finance Analyst
General Dynamics Mission Systems • San Jose, CA
Posted 30 days ago
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Ability to obtain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance within 24 months is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Program Finance Analyst. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
This position provides independent financial support and control to several high-risk/opportunity programs within the Space and Intelligence Systems Line of Business. This position reports to a Finance Manager and will regularly interface with management and personnel from all areas of Finance, Contracts, and Program Management. Candidate must be a partner to the program team and perform in a consultative manner to manage the program financially and provide a variety of complex analyses.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Prepares, analyzes and evaluates financial information associated with the program (s) or department forecasts and cost pools for budget, forecast, pricing, planning, invoicing and control
- Monitors actual costs of program and compares to budgeted costs to identify and understand variances Interprets data to determine present and future financial performance
- Performs month end close activities for assigned programs
- Performs studies and summarizes recommendations related to investment/business opportunities, future trends and impact of governmental requirements/financial regulations
- This is the intermediate level in a field of specialization
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective and clear communication and presentation skills\
- Clear understanding of Mission Systems Finance systems
- In-depth knowledge of Earned Value methodology and basic knowledge of Earned Value Management systems
- Clear understanding of internal financial practices in General Ledger Accounting, Rates and Compliance, and Cost Proposal, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, and Travel functions
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced Working knowledge in the use of MSExcel, MSWord, MSPowerPoint, Hyperion and Essbase
- Strong analytical skills including ability to analyze data and reconcile financial accounts
- In-depth knowledge of Truth In Negotiations Act, Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulation, General Dynamics Systems and policies, government accounting, Long Term Accounting for Government contracts, Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- In-depth knowledge of revenue recognition practices
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management is required. Experience in a Government contracting environment is strongly preferred.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran