To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
General Maintenance Worker
EMCOR Group, Inc • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need of a General Maintenance Worker in Los Angeles, CA. The General Maintenance Worker will be responsible for general maintenance & repair work.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, or sanitary systems.
- Performs general maintenance and repair of the establishment's machinery.
- Respond to system generated work orders and tenant calls.
- Evaluate and report to the Supervisor the need for appropriate contractors for repairs.
- Maintain parts inventories according to the needs of the site as well as stocking, disposing and replenishing air filters for the HVAC systems.
- Work requires a basic practical knowledge of several maintenance trades in order to perform most of the following: keeping in good repair building woodwork; wall, floor and other surface treatments; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; occasional painting or touching up of structure or equipment; repairing or replacing plumbing fixtures, household appliances and equipment; and replacing broken window panes, locks and keys.
- Must have at least 3 - 6 years of experience as a Maintenance Worker or Helper at a commercial or government property.
- Must possess a CFC
- Must have good verbal communication skills, customer service skills and be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- General knowledge of basic carpentry, general repairs, electrical and painting.
- Must be able to move/lift heavy objects, climb vertical ladders, work at heights and be proficient in the use of common hand and power tools.
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.