To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1409 5th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Payroll Administrator (Easily Apply)
Jim Burke Automotive • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Jim Burke Automotive is family-owned and has been part of the downtown Birmingham, AL community for over 75 years. We believe culture makes a difference and strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers and community. We value our employees and invest in their success.
The Payroll Administrator is a valuable, key employee responsible for performing tasks related to onboarding, benefits, payroll and compliance. A background and base knowledge of Payroll along with knowledge of Human Resources rules and regulations is required. Reports directly to Human Resources Manager and CFO.
- Salary = $17/hour starting pay based on experience
- Ongoing training and support
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- PTO (paid time off)
- Christmas club savings
- Employee discounts
- A positive, professional team environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Payroll Administrator:
- Process payroll weekly, semi-monthly and monthly
- Ensure employee new hire documents are filled out properly
- Answer employee’s questions
- Create and distribute documents
- Provide customer service to organization employees
- Maintain computer system by updating and entering data
- Compile reports and spreadsheets and prepare spreadsheets
- Complete monthly, quarterly and end of year state and federal mandatory reports
Recruitment / New Hire Process:
- Onboarding new hires
- Educate new employees on company policies and benefits
- Prepare new employee files
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Enter new hires in all corresponding systems
- Conduct benefit enrollment meetings
- Serve as a point person for all new employee questions
Payroll and Benefits Administration:
- Process payroll, which includes weekly, semimonthly and monthly payrolls using ADP Payroll Plus system
- Input all payroll changes including rates, garnishments, benefits, etc.
- Answer payroll questions
- Facilitate resolutions to any payroll errors
- Participate in tasks, such as E-Verify I-9, Alabama New Hire, Workers Comp First Report of Injury, OSHA, Unemployment Claims, reconcile benefits statements, and approve invoices for payment
- Maintain current payroll and human resource files and databases
- Update and maintain employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintain records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Perform payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
- Perform payroll and benefits audits and recommend any correction action
- Complete termination paperwork and assist with COBRA packets
- File, fax, copy and other administrative tasks
Qualifications - Payroll Administrator:
- Minimum of three (3) or more years of payroll processing experience
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of Human Resources and Payroll department standards
- Must be able to multi-task and thrive in fast pace environment
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and verbally, with employees, members of management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities using time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to employees and applicants
- Applicants must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.