To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20170
- Michael Henryhand
- Phone: 7038182029
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Specialist
Aston Carter • Herndon, VA
Posted 1 month ago
The client brought in over $1.4 billion worth of new business last year and is expecting to grow even more this year. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced AP Specialist who has experience within the government contracting space.
- Process and review vendor invoices, purchase orders, and operating fund requests for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company policies and specific contract terms.
- Prepare voucher packages for review and approval.
- Reviewing all open and received PO's.
- Ensure the invoice contains the Costpoint account code, purchase order number, and authorized approval signatures.
- Enter invoices & expense reports in a timely manner to ensure that deadlines are met and perform vendor maintenance as needed.
- Help with weekly check runs and filing.
- Communicate regularly with vendors and employees on all levels.
- Effective handle vendor and employee inquiries including account research, correspondence and communications when needed.
- Identify and accrue sales and use tax monthly.
- Must be able to function well in a high paced office.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
-2 years of experience in AP in GovCon -2 years of Costpoint -Experience with Expense reports and a volume of 50/day or 300+/week
This person will be measured on their ability to process 300+ invoices a week in Costpoint
Minimum Education Required
Serious Inquiries Only
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.