We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented z/OS DASD Technical Support Analyst to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Day to day activities will include but not be limited to:
• Use SMP/E, to install and maintain software for execution in the IBM Mainframe platform, which includes the z/OS.
• Write, alter, update, debug, and use IBM JCL to support storage management and storage management related activities.
• Work independently, and conduct, document and present (written, orally) research.
• Monitor, maintain and recover DASD storage systems and placement of data sets to improve processing efficiency of data systems.
• Provide production support of complex programs, analyze and recommend changes to control procedures and processes.
• Provide technical consulting services to mission partners, government personnel, and other contractors on questions and issues relating to the DASD, tape, and performance management software maintained on the DISA Mainframe systems, including all changes and upgrades.
• Research, evaluate, and document impacts and risks to changes requested before change implementations are performed.
• Locate, read, and interpret job and system task output to troubleshoot and resolve problems as well as capture dumps, terse the dump dataset, and transfer to vendor for analysis in problem solving.
• Perform IPLs when required/requested.
• Use IBM z/OS and TSO/ISPF to access the IBM z/OS mainframe system.
• Create, define, document and implement rules in Data Facility System Managed Storage (DFSMS) suite of products and z/OS DASD Management tools.
• Assist, support and provide recommendations in new system design and development.
• Provide technical support in interactive applications, productivity tools, and run-time improvement enhancements.
• Document, implement and debug application and system software storage and backup requirements.
• Provide technical support in z/OS Mainframe system environment with expertise in DFSMS, DFHSM and other DASD Management tools. Assist with the implementation of DFSMS onto the existing environment.
• Plan, create, define and document storage requirements for data center and application consolidations, distributed processing and client/server computing projects and data center automated operations projects.
• Provide technical support and expertise in data center DASD management software, hardware and tools.
• Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of system interfaces and exits, responding to problems that arise during program testing and in production modes.
• Assist with the performance of trend analysis on systems performance, recommend configuration changes to the government or government designated personnel and participate in planning activities to schedule system upgrades.
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and five years experience or equivalent.
Two years' experience in an IBM z/OS Operating Environment providing installation, maintenance and support of the DSAD’s and their related software.
Experience and expertise in IBM z/OS storage platforms and management.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Hierarchical Storage Management
Interactive System Productivity Facility (Ispf)