To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oakland, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Supervisor - Oakland, CA
Transdev North America • Oakland, CA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation, is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all functions listed in the dispatcher job description and ensuring that all dispatchers adhere to those requirements. The Operations Supervisor is empowered to make decisions in critical situations such as vehicle accidents and client incidents. The primary responsibility of the position is to monitor the activities of the dispatchers and ensure continous manning of all stations and functions of Centralized dispatching.
Essential Duties and Responbibilities:
- Ensure that all dispatchers fulfill the obligations of their job description.
- Ensure that all dispatchers display the maturity and professionalism that is expected not only under Transdev policy, but also in deference to our position as guests in our client's facility.
- Conduct on-going training to ensure dispatcher compliance to company needs.
- Ensure that all stations and functions are continuously manned (coordinates breaks and assigns replacement personnel as necessary).
- Ensure that all routes lunch on time and remain on time.
- Monitor activity on the Call Manager to ensure that dispatchers are responding to inbound calls promptly.
- Monitor AVL screen to ensure that dispatchers identify and compensate for late running routes.
- Notify all appropriate management personnel of all incidents and accidents.
- Ensure that standby personnel are accounted for and utilized appropriately.
- Refer disciplinary matters to appropriate operations or human resources personnel.
- Counsel employees and refer payroll or other administrative issues to appropriate management personnel.
- Interface with Maintenance Department at Provider offices to accomplish roadside assistance.
- Interface with Safety Department (Provider Offices), and Operation Department (Broker Office Road Supervisors) to fully document incidents and accidents via Accident/Incident Notification Forms.
- Troubleshoot technical problems with GPS or cellular communication equipment (Broker IT Department).
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a high school diploma (or GED equivalent) with soe college preferred and at least three years prior experience in eiter dispatch or supervision, preferably in a Paratransit environment using computerized scheduling and dispatching functions. Strong knowledge of the service area (East San Fancisco Bay Area). Must be dependable and have reliable transportation to work. Must be computer literate and functional with the English language in both written and verbal forms. Written communication is especially important for this position because the numerous reporting requirements. Must be able to work in a high-pressure, fast paced environment and communicate at all times with professionalism and courtesy.
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished at a workstation or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer.
- Work environments are generally noisy and the employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2018-9525
Position Category Customer Service/Call Center/Dispatch/Reservationist/Scheduler
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 484
Internal Code 3 Ind1