Assistant Nurse Manager Central Monitoring Unit AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
Lead the Employees – Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and report’s findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to make recommendations to supervisor/manager regarding:
- Applicant selection for interview and input into the hiring process after actively participating in the interview process.
Performance Improvement - Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
Critical Thinking – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM
Business of Healthcare Delivery – Utilizes a working knowledge of health care economics and healthcare public policy as it applies to the delivery of patient care
- Supports the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills
Technology – Demonstrates an understanding of the technology utilized on the unit.
- Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
- Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate’s degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Specific experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Prior management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Professional certification
The ANM is a registered professional nurse who supports the Nurse Manager or Director in overall operations of their assigned unit. Is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The ANM is skilled in coaching, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The ANM assures quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. Is supportive of change activities on their unit and works to assure implementation of change that may occur. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified