The role of the Automotive Service Manager is to manage and direct all service department activities of a retail store engaged in selling tires and related automotive parts and mechanical services. This position is a Store Manager developmental role. National Tire and Battery (NTB) is committed to training our associates and promoting from within the organization.
NTB operates more than 700 retail service store locations nationally and is experiencing rapid growth which presents advancement opportunities for our associates. NTB is a TBC Corporation company. For 60 years, TBC Corporation (TBC) has been one of North America’s largest marketers of automotive replacement tires. Through worldwide operations spanning wholesale, retail, and franchise, TBC also provides automotive maintenance and repair services with best-in-class brands. TBC meets the needs of consumers in search of total car care at more than 3,200 franchised and company-operated tire and automotive service centers under the brands NTB®, Tire Kingdom®, Big O Tires® and Midas®. TBC serves wholesale customers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Mexico and the Middle East through NTW, TBC Brands, TBC Dealer Group, TBC International and TBC de Mexico.
- Supervise the flow of cars within the service department
- Supervise the Automotive Technicians and General Service Technicians
- Inform customers of vehicle inspection findings
- Educate and explain service recommendation to customers
- Assist Store Manager with operational duties
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of Store or Service Manager experience
- General automotive knowledge
- Excellent customer service disposition
- Good communication skills
- Scheduling experience
- Team building skills
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Valid Driver’s License
- Criminal Background Check
- Pre-employment Drug Screen
- 18 years or Older
- Competitive compensation and monthly bonus potential
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid short term disability and company subsidized long term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match and immediate 100% vesting
- Generous paid vacation and paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid ASE Certification and Career Path Development programs
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Purchasing power program that allows associates with a year of service to make large retail purchases through convenient payroll deduction
- Vendor purchase discount program
- Employee automotive discounts
- And more!
TBC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Work Environment.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 5383
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Tire Kingdom is a subsidiary of TBC Retail Group that is headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida and operates more than 730 company-owned stores under the brands: Tire Kingdom, NTB - National Tire and Battery, and Merchant's Tire and Auto Centers. TBC employs nearly 350 associates at its Juno Beach headquarters and approximately 8,400 associates nationally. Additionally, the TBC Retail Group operates 491 franchised Big O Tires retailers.
View the full profile
Tire Kingdom began in 1972 with $150 and 50 consignment tires in a 200 square foot stall at the West Palm Beach Farmer's Market. While operating as a cash and carry business, customers explained that they preferred to have their tires installed where they purchased them. With $500 in borrowed money, tire-changing equipment was purchased, and Tire Kingdom was born. Business increased rapidly and soon outgrew Farmer's Market. Over the next several years, Tire Kingdom stores opened in West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota. By 1988, Tire Kingdom expanded into all major south Florida markets. Tire Kingdom's expansion continued throughout south and central Florida as well as into North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Georgia, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Ohio.