We are looking for a skilled Painter to paint building interior and other surfaces. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits. An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Completes other various duties related to Painting, Carpentry, Flooring, Cabinetry, and related tasks, under the direction of the supervisor and/or designee.
- Uses various wall covering techniques and remedies to complete project.
- Removes furniture, equipment, shelving, fixtures, etc. from work area. Installs and/or repairs drywall and plaster. Applies corner beads, tapes, patches, sands, strips, washes and primes surfaces, returns areas to working order when project is completed.
- Inspects various damaged surfaces (e.g., plaster, drywall, water-damaged areas, ceiling and wall cracks) for remodeling.
- Must use tools and equipment appropriately while contributing to a safe working environment.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Years of relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in multiple areas such as painting and carpentry
Skills and knowledge
- The job requires skill reflecting knowledge of several technical fields that include a thorough understanding of the techniques and principles and ability to modify or adapt them as needed. Specific technical skills required include:
- Painting – interiors and exteriors
- Experience in Epoxy paint
- Hanging wall coverings
- Hanging and finishing drywall and plaster
- Depending on location, additional technical skills include:
- Tile installation
- Furniture finishing
- Provide all other building maintenance, repair, and restorative procedures as directed.
- Experience in controlled working environments a plus.
- Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested.
- General office maintenance – hang pictures, install keyboard trays, and repair office furniture systems.
- Assists other operational staff members in repair and maintenance of building equipment.
- Complies with policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
- General computer skills required
- Experienced painter/paperhanger
- Maintenance experience
- Carpentry experience
- Must have valid driver’s license
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Regularly lift, move and/or carry up to 10 pounds; frequently lift, move and/or carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift, move and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Perform overhead work often while balanced standing on a ladder.
- Bend, kneel, twist and reach to get to areas difficult to access and/or confined areas like closets, crawl spaces, attics, etc.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at URL blocked - click to apply.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at URL blocked - click to apply