To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, SC
- Karleigh Chavez
- Phone: 7032701540 x6151
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Linux ACAS Engineer
ECS Federal, LLC • Charleston, SC
Posted 1 month ago
ECS is seeking a Linux ACAS Engineer to work in our Charleston, SC office.
Linux (primarily RHEL) Administrator performing the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems. Functions include planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software; managing accounts, network rights; managing systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability; implementing security procedures and tools; developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures; resolving significant hardware/software interface and interoperability problems; ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency; maintaining systems configuration; managing the installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancements; and ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices. Experience with user account management and associated DoD security practices.
Position Requirements and Duties:
- Maintaining security patches and STIG benchmarks on all RHEL systems
- Maintaining the VMware virtual environment
- Providing configuration updates to meet user requirements on all RHEL systems and services
- Performing troubleshooting of network communication issues between RHEL systems
- Tracking Remedy trouble tickets
- Maintaining STIG compliance of RHEL based systems
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts as well as industry best practices to include virtualization technologies and management tools
- System performance benchmarking and analysis in VMware ESXi/vSphere and vCenter virtual environments
- Must have a HS Diploma
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of RHEL based systems
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent experience in Unix/Linux systems administration
- Four (4) years of hands-on experience as a Linux (primarily Red Hat Enterprise Linux) Administrator performing the following tasks:
- Installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems
- Planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software
- Managing accounts, network rights
- Managing systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Implementing security procedures and tools
- Developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures
- Resolving significant hardware/software interface and interoperability problems
- Ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency
- Maintaining systems configuration
- Managing the installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancements
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices
- Executing user account management and associated DoD security best practices and policies
- Experience with chassis/blade/storage system hardware configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Understanding of essential network ports, protocols, and services such as DNS, SMTP, NTP, IMAP, and SNMP
- Experience with bash scripting
- Knowledge of syslog collection
- Ability to switch between multiple tasks
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience with RHEL kick start process
- Experience with Puppet Labs configuration management system
- Experience with SaltStack infrastructure management system
- Experience with NetApp storage arrays Familiarity with Splunk architecture, search language, and best practices
- Experience with Red Hat Identity Management services and PKI/PKE implementation
- Experience creating infrastructure monitoring and alerts in Nagios / Check_MK infrastructure and application monitoring software
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.