Our client is seeking an experienced inbound call center customer service representative to add to the Annuity Administration department. Reporting to the Supervisor Annuity Administration, the successful candidate will join a highly collaborative team responsible for resolving incoming inquiries from annuity contract owners, beneficiaries, independent agents, and marketing organizations in addition to distributing service forms, preparing annuitization illustrations, documenting fund allocations for fixed indexed contracts, and reporting death claims.
In addition to professional telephone skills and excellent customer service skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, be reliable with an excellent attendance record, and be resourceful and effective in dealing with diverse situations.
In this fast-paced environment, you will have an opportunity to apply your excellent telephone skills as well as further develop your customer service skills and play a role in the company's growing operations. The position is located in Indianapolis (far northside).
- One to three years' experience in life insurance and/or annuities
- Three to five years' high-volume call center experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and listening skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to diffuse difficult service situations
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task
- Quick thinking to resolve inquiries and meet customers' needs
- Excellent aptitude for math and understanding of income tax applications
- Must be resourceful and effective in dealing with diverse situations
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding and various software packages such as MS Word and Excel and customer relationship management (CRM) applications
- Professional designations such as LOMA's Associate Life Management Institute (ALMI), Associate Customer Service (ACS), Associate Annuity Products and Administration (AAPA) or Fellow Secure Retirement Institute (FSRI) preferred but not required
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or will have:
- Professional communication and demeanor
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to recognize "big picture", company goals, and value of call center to company service expectations
- High School diploma or GED
- One to three years customer service experience
- Life Insurance
- Active Listening
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Literacy