Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function facilitate SG and A forecasts and analyze trends in SG and A, membership, medical costs, and other areas of business. Includes reporting and analysis to business and finance leadership. Researches economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning. Presents findings and recommendations to management. Includes responsibility for budget planning and process support.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead team of Pricing Analysts and engage team in problem solving and issue resolution
- Prioritize team member development
- Determine pricing for the various products and services we offer, customized for each individual case using a variety of forecast models
- Leverage business knowledge to propose solutions to business problems regularly in a dynamic work environment
- Evaluate and recommend alternative pricing options to provide flexibility to clients while achieving desired economic outcomes for OptumRx.
- Engage with the Sales and Account management teams on the development of business strategy by projecting pricing and profitability for a range of services and products the company offers
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Work on large cases and present pricing recommendations to executive management
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Math, Economics OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in Underwriting, Pricing or Finance
- 2+ years of lead or supervisory experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or CPA
- Healthcare or Pharmacy experience
- Consulting firm experience
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
The successful candidate will have the following qualities as well:
- Motivate and influence team members and partners
- Focus on team member development
- Solid financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to business opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to build solid relationships at all levels of the organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.