Optum is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Optum Digital is an organization dedicated to delivering simple, effective and comprehensive solutions to organizations and consumers across the whole health system. By understanding our customers, members and patients' needs and putting them at the center of everything we do, we improve experiences and outcomes for everyone we serve while reducing the total cost of care. In this role, you will join a team that is dedicated to leveraging data for personalized care and critical decision making so care can be delivered when and where people need it most.
Reporting to the SVP, Optum Digital Experience, you will serve as a key leader for the enterprise MarTech strategy, content management development, Digital Marketing Platform and Offer Management teams. In concert with Chief Marketing Officers across the business lines, you will lead a global team of about 400 product owners, architects, engineers and digital marketing subject matter experts towards the development of fully-integrated, omni-channel, go-to-market strategies, products and campaigns that will drive meaningful results for the business.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of an overall marketing technology strategy that will drive profitable growth
- Collaborate with business partners to gain a thorough understanding of the drivers of UnitedHealth Group’s line of business marketing; understand its strategic goals, and successfully lead the team to support the growth of the business
- Partner with business leaders to develop and execute strategic, fully-integrated, omni-channel marketing plans and programs that directly support the business’s growth agenda specifically focused on:
- Deliver differentiated marketing capabilities
- Focus on platform consolidation in Marketing technology
- Enter new markets or extend our market positions and accelerate growth leveraging marketing technology and capabilities
- Provide strategic and tactical support to package, position and promote innovative capabilities that enable UnitedHealth Group to differentiate with Marketing capabilities
- Facilitate a collaborative process to ensure marketing strategies are aligned, prioritized, and focused on the greatest opportunities to drive engagement and profitable growth
- Participate in ongoing integrated product marketing planning capabilities across the businesses
- Proactively assume responsibility for leading and executing on strategic initiatives and projects, responding to requests, and serving as a key contact for Optum Digital and enterprise Marketing Technology
- Advance the Product Marketing "analytical agenda" delivering on KPIs (financial, engagement, etc.) for all marketing initiatives; develop and optimize A/B testing strategies to assess marketing impact; ensure necessary reporting is in place to track and measure activity, engagement, and financial metrics
- Develop and manage the appropriate level of resource investment to meet campaign objectives, goals and budget; accountable for driving to target outcomes within identified budget
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Proven success as a data-centric, business-minded, highly strategic product (or line of business) marketing or marketing technology executive
- 5 + years of consumer marketing experience
- Demonstrable track record of leading teams in the development of fully-integrated, omni-channel business-building technology and product strategies
- Proven strategic partner with a distinctive point of view and willingness to push back appropriately
- Consistent ability to take information and make it actionable; react to market trends, opportunities, and threats; and leverage data to drive thinking/strategies
- Demonstrated understanding of B2C marketing dynamics
- Entrepreneurial orientation adept at solving unique and complex problems using technology
- Superior intellectual capacity and sound judgment to lead in a changing and ambiguous environment
- Experience in effectively leading, managing and developing staff in ways that strengthen team effectiveness and efficiency
- Highly-organized and disciplined project management and leadership skills to balance multiple projects with varying priority, as well as ensure project stakeholder accountability, collaboration and strong execution of work
- Superior written and verbal presentation skills for an executive audience
- High level of passion for the MarTech space
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- B2B Marketing experience
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science or Business Administration
- MarTech & Adobe product experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.