Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Software Engineer – Automation Engineering
The PLatform Automation And Technologies (PLAAT) team is part of Enterprise Platform Engineering and supports almost the entire infrastructure at Wells Fargo through automation and middleware offerings. The PLAAT Team provides automated solutions that are all-encompassing, including compliance delivery and telemetry for tracking and enforcing compliance and adherence to regulatory initiatives throughout the enterprise.
We are seeking an engineer for a Software Engineer position. This role is focused primarily on performing specific automation and project tasks, and delivering and tracking the associated technical or functional work products. Individuals in this role have significant experience that they bring to their assignments that allow them to address the more difficult or complex tasks within a project. Size and nature of the projects will impact the nature of their role. In addition to project activities, Software Engineers will participate in the project estimation, planning, and reporting processes.
This role will be expected to perform the following:
- Act as a developer in providing middleware automation and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of Windows or Linux scripting experience
- 3+ years of scripting and automation experience
- 1+ year of Ansible experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of web application and infrastructure automation development
- 3+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 1+ year experience with Puppet/Chef/Ansible or another automation tool
- 1+ year of Puppet experience
- Experience with Packages such as RPM, EXE, DMG, MSI, or others
- Knowledge and comfortability with standard operating system tools in Linux and Windows such as the ability to find and list files, edit files, or influence the functionality of an operating system without needing access to a GUI
- Knowledge of inner-workings of Virtualization tools and ability to explain how they work
- Knowledge of inner-workings of Operating Systems and ability to explain how they work
- Legacy knowledge and comfortability with older operating systems and/or technologies
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MNDisclaimer
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Benefits Summary
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineer - Automation Engineering for benefits information.