Who We Are:
Samsonite is the worldwide leader in superior travel bags, luggage, and accessories combining notable style with the latest design technology and the utmost attention to quality and durability. For more than 100 years, Samsonite has leveraged its rich heritage to create unparalleled products that fulfill the travel lifestyle needs of conscious movers everywhere. With a portfolio of brands including Samsonite, Tumi, American Tourister, High Sierra, Gregory, eBags, Hartmann, and Lipault Paris, our products are sold in over 100 countries in North America, Asia, Europe and Latin America through our company-operated retail store, websites and a variety of retail partners.
What You'll Be Doing:
This role leads the strategic Product Marketing activities and decisions for the High Sierra Brand. Responsible for defining the product strategy, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. Gather and prioritize all product and customer requirements to grow the business. Define the product vision and work closely with Design, Sourcing, Factories, Marketing and Logistics to ensure assortment and financial goals are met. Responsible for achieving the annual sales and margin target. Responsible for communicating new product launches to the sales team and actively participating/presenting to key accounts.
- The Product Marketing Manager will set the product vision for the High Sierra Brand, through a detailed understanding of the market and key accounts, identifying a sustainable position for the brand to ensure continued growth and consumer acceptance.
- The PM will drive all new High Sierra Development for all channels of distribution.
- Have a full understanding of our factory base through the Sourcing and Costing team. Utilize the appropriate factories to ensure optimal product construction and costing structures to maximize product margins and profitability.
- Maintain a full understanding of the competitive business and casual outdoor market by brand and distribution channel. Recognize and interpret economic, fashion, business trends and their impact on our product assortments.
- Partner with the Brand Marketing Team to create comprehensive marketing programs to help sell in and sell thru new product introductions for Key Accounts and D2C.
- Build and maintain a seasonal product assortment by category and channel to ensure internal alignment on current in market programs, upcoming programs and segmentation.
- Partner with Development Teams from other regions to gain a full understanding of the complete range available for the North America Region – maximize product development through strong partnerships with your Global counterparts.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing team to align on and implement best practices for the department
- Assist the Sales Team and Brand Marketing Manager during key account visits – present the product architecture and vision to the Buyers.
We're Excited If You Have:
- 3+ years of product development experience, through product marketing or buying experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent required.
- Strong communication skills to drive the product vision across internal and external partners.
- Comprehensive understanding of fashion trends, product construction, market trends, competitive set in relation to men’s and women’s casual, lifestyle, and business bags.
- Superior project management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with key internal partners that support the product development process.
- Ability to adapt quickly, responding to changing ideas, responsibilities, expectations, trends, strategies, and other processes utilizing strong communication, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Results focused with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Why you'll love working here:
- Our employees matter. As a people-focused business, we work hard to provide meaningful rewards and development opportunities for our employees, recognizing performance, and creating a supportive working environment for them, wherever they are based. Employees are offered a flexible schedule, working four days per week in the office and one day remotely, as business permits.
- Vibrant culture. We are committed to a diverse and rich culture, welcoming people from all walks of life. Our long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion empowers us to bring our authentic selves and unique differences to work every day.
- Socially responsible. We want to minimize our products' impact on the environment and help create positive journeys worldwide. We do this by creating the best products using the most sustainable and innovative materials, methods, and models.
What we value:
At Samsonite, we do more than create the bags that move with our consumer, we inspire and celebrate the moments that move them. We believe we have a responsibility to the world in how we operate, the products we sell, the communities where we live and work, and how we treat the people we employ. We're as diverse as travel itself, and like travel, your journey with Samsonite presents the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and explore your passions. This is why we offer various paths for professionals and celebrate the knowledge and skills they bring to our team. We are committed to a respectful workplace that allows our team members to bring their best selves to the workplace daily.
Samsonite is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and maintaining a work environment in which all applicants, associates, customers, and other individuals are treated with dignity and respect free from unlawful harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.