Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join us and put your financial reporting and analytics knowledge and skills to work in support of Optimal Care, which is Optum’s clinical program that ties together evidence-based medicine with decision-making support.
The manager of financial operations will be an integral part of the Optimal Care team, creating complex reporting and modeling that will be crucial in telling the Optimal Care story and ensuring we are making the right investments. They will be deeply involved in the forecasting and reporting of medical expense and will understand the nuances of medical expense accounting, especially as it relates to Medicare Advantage.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ownership of monthly and quarterly financial and metrics reporting and analytics
- Ownership of financial forecast and budget processes
- Capital reporting and analytics
- Collaborate and partner with Clinical Performance, Optum Care, and local finance team members
- Collaborate and partner with Optimal Care Operations team members to fulfill financial modeling and data analytics needs
- Conduct ad hoc cost-benefit analysis (CBA)
- Own the long-range planning process, including evolving the process to better serve stakeholders
- Partner with broader financial & data analytics team to ensure data flows accurately and consistently between reports/models
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 4+ years of finance experience in a matrixed organization
- 3+ years of Heath Care industry experience
- 3+ years of financial modeling and analytics experience
- Experience with financial systems (e.g. Hyperion SmartView, PeopleSoft Financials, or related financial systems)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
- Proven track record of influencing without authority and navigating a matrixed organization
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Ability to travel 10% of the time required
- Understanding of and experience with medical expense and risk-based membership (e.g. Medicare Advantage), specifically as it relates to finance and accounting, is highly preferred
- Experience working with large data sets
- Proficiency with PowerPoint
- Experience with capital reporting
- Experience presenting to leadership
- Understanding of VBA
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Analysis Manager , Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, Saint Paul, MN