Kelly Services has an exciting job opportunity, with one of our best clients as a Maintenance Technician located in Hayward, CA.
The candidate provides maintenance craft specific support to plants. Maintains and repairs all types of equipment within craft knowledge and expertise. Participates on maintenance team which supports reliability improvement across all Operations facilities. Requires full proficiency in a range of technical, operational, or analytical/scientific processes and procedures through job-related training and considerable on the job experience to perform a variety of work assignments.
Location: Hayward, CA
Length of contract: 6 months or more
Shift: M-F 7am to 3:30pm
Responsibilities / Duties
- Enables the people who manage and/or perform work in the field with the tools and information needed to perform their job effectively and efficiently.
- Requires full proficiency in a range of technical, operational, or analytical/scientific processes and procedures through job-related training and considerable on the job experience to perform a variety of work assignments.
- 2 or more years of maintenance experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
- Must be willing and able to use respirators.
- Must be willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting, as well as working in tight or closed-in spaces.
- Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working high off the ground.
- Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have a current, valid US driver’s license
- A minimum requirement for this US based position is the ability to work legally in the USA.
- Prior experience with SAP preferred.
- Prior experience with pump troubleshooting skills preferred.
- Prior knowledge of air operated diaphragm pumps, centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps preferred
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
Important Information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this opportunity, submit your resume. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the Recruiter for this position (Ann Delestine at
); however your resume should be received before contacting the recruiter.
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only applicants that meet the position requirements will be contacted.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Complex Problem Solving