Teller - Irving Branch
We are team CUTX, and we exist to deliver an unexpected experience. We were chartered in 1931 to serve our communities better than the banks. Our focus is on teaching our members to take control of their finances. To join team CUTX, you must value Caring, Understanding, Teaching and eXceeding expectations at every interaction. We empower our employees to succeed. Most of all, you must be ready to have FUN!
Currently, we are seeking a Teller who is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing teller transactions. A Teller must be able to identify member financial need(s) and recommend an appropriate credit union product/service solution to fit that need.
Major Duties and Essential Functions
1. Demonstrate enthusiastic support of Credit Union of Texas’s vision, core values, employee creed, and long term objectives. A key component of this is to “deliver an unexpected experience” by consistently providing outstanding service to internal and external members with every interaction.
2. Process share account and checking account deposits and withdrawals, loan/lease payments, and credit card payments.
3. Negotiate check cashing transactions, process negotiable instruments (cashier’s checks, money orders), and process credit card cash advances.
4. Identify member financial need(s) and recommend an appropriate/progressive credit union product/service solution.
5. Responsible to meet or exceed sales and service goals established by leadership.
6. Exercise due diligence by placing appropriate holds on checks deposited in accordance with Regulation CC and CUTX Funds Availability Policy.
7. Performs job duties within our bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors policies, established internal and external service standards and our work procedures. This includes compliance with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, Office of Foreign Assets Control and USA Patriot Act as they apply to the duties of the position.
9. Accept responsibility for store security by securing keys, combinations, documents, records, and negotiable items. Comply with robbery and hold-up procedures.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package for full-time employees including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and AD&D; 401(K); flexible spending and health savings account; and free and discounted credit union services. If interested in applying please visit our website at: www.cutx.org . Please note that all prospective candidates are subject to a background and credit check. Credit, if established, must be in good standing to be eligible for hire.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must be 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalency. Minimum 6 months or more of similar or related experience.
DISCLAIMER: The information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary on the department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by department, reporting structure and other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
Bank Secrecy Act