To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
297 County Road 244
Etta, MS 38627
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
American Addiction Centers • Etta, MS
Posted 2 months ago
Please Note that this is a Full Time Position.
A Licensed Therapist is responsible for coordinating and providing individualized case management, individual therapy, group therapy and bio-psychosocial assessment services including group and family counseling for clients within the facility. The Licensed Therapist will demonstrate expertise in case management, development of client resources, vocational counseling, discharge/continuing care planning, and placement of clients. The Licensed Therapist has the primary responsibility of maintaining communication with the referral source and other service providers as needed, as well as act as a liaison with the UR Department on all aspects of client care. American Addiction Centers strives to ensure that all of our clients receive the most comprehensive care to address the issues that may impede their recovery.
Report To: Clinical DirectorResponsibilities
- Carries out tasks in a therapeutic manner
- Provides treatment and rehabilitation of people with substance use disorders and/or co-occurring disorders.
- Provides, facilitates, and supervises individual and group therapy
- Works with other social agencies and managed care organizations, hospitals, clinics, courts, prisons and stakeholders in planning to meet the needs of individuals
- Prepares treatment plans, histories, writing letters, making reports and maintaining records
- Encourages, reassures and provides needed support
- Recommends educational and occupational training and/or possibilities for placement
- Facilitate assessments and perform evaluations based on appropriate criteria
- Provides assessments and evaluations based on appropriate criteria
- Provides weekly individual sessions, daily process group sessions, and required psychoeducational sessions for all patients as required by regulatory agencies and mandated direct service time standards
- Timely submission of required reports.
- Responsible for writing and submitting treatment summaries for UR one day prior to the review.
- Responsible for completing the master problem list, master treatment plan, master treatment plan reviews, aftercare recommendations, and discharge summaries in a timely manner
- Responsible for submitting timely reports, initial ASAM, continuum of stays and discharges where appropriate
- Provide crisis intervention and referrals for patients in cooperation with the medical department and established agency guidelines
- Attend, participate, and when necessary, facilitate case consultations, special events, such as seminars, lectures, retreats, trips, workshops, etc.
- Initiates the development of Aftercare Plans preliminary sessions with patients
- Responsible for special reports and/or projects which may involve case consultation with other counseling and direct care staff
- Attend all staff meetings
- Other Job Duties – As Assigned
- Chart review
- Share Leadership of Team Meetings
- Other duties as required
- Completes utilization review on all assigned patients
- Master’s Degree in behavioral health field
- Professional License or DMH-Approved Certification within 6 months of hire
- Experience in treating patients with substance use disorder and /or co-occurring disorder preferred
- Experience in presenting psychoeducation material preferred
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training within 60 days of hire
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support within 60 days of hire
- Valid driver license and insurable driving record (refer to Guidelines for Driving Company Vehicles)
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible hours.
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years sustained recovery
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.