Procurement Manager - Stevenson, AL
1611 County Road 85
Stevenson, Alabama, 35772
Procurement Manager ( pulp & paper )--Stevenson, AL
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at [ Link removed ].
We are seeking to fill the position of Mill Procurement Manager at our Stevenson, Alabama location. This position manages the mill’s purchasing function and provides leadership to mill storeroom personnel. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing mill purchasing priorities, developing the purchasing and stores organization to deliver both short and long-term value and for managing change. This position will participate in strategic sourcing activities and negotiations with vendors- capital and routine.
The daily functions of the Procurement Manager include:
- Ensuring compliance to all safety, purchasing, stores, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Managing and overseeing the purchasing and inventory of raw materials, maintenance materials, supplies and equipment for the facility.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a commodity inventory strategy that supports the company’s supply chain point of view and operational reliability.
- Selecting vendors through appropriate procurement practices, total cost of ownership and compliance guidelines.
- Negotiating local contracts.
Managing system capabilities as they pertain to the purchasing and inventory functions.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to maximize operating productivity, quality and efficiency while minimizing total cost of ownership.
- Representing procurement and the facility operations on regional and national sourcing initiatives.
- Acting as key member of the leadership team at the Stevenson Mill.
- Setting department goals and working to lead improvements across the supply function and within a facility.
- Working with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement corporate initiatives.
- Gather, cleanse, and analyze data from multiple systems to generate insights and recommendations that drive decision-making
- Measure and track results and outcomes using data from multiple systems, taking action when necessary to align to targets and goals
- Partner with legal teams, contract teams, and suppliers to finalize contracts and ensure that the pricing and negotiated terms are managed to and observed
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to drive recommendations and decision-making
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate and partner with stakeholders across functions
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through effective stakeholder/supplier relationship management
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred (Supply Chain, Business, or Accounting preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in supply chain (purchasing, inventory, engineering, maintenance or related area)
- Experience with inventory and storeroom management
- Experience supervising and managing employees
- Proven negotiation skills or formal negotiation training
Experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel (creation of spreadsheets), PowerPoint (ability to do presentations), and Word (document creation).
- Willing and able to travel.
- Exhibits strong competencies in Safety Mindset and has a thorough understanding of safety policies and procedures.
Quality – Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, and seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency. Familiar with ISO and internal audits that sustain top notch quality system.
- Customer Focused – Demonstrates a high level of service excellence, does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; reinforces excellence as a fundamental priority. Understands and works to meet customer requirements. Listens to and responds to customers’ needs. Builds relationships with and gains trust of customer by always meeting commitments.
- Communication – Clearly presents information through oral and written communication, reads and interprets complex information; talks with employees, customers, and suppliers; demonstrates strong listening skills.
- Planning/Prioritizing/Goal Setting – Manages multiple projects, prioritizes project urgency in a meaningful and practical way. Uses goals to guide actions and create action plans. Organizes and schedules people and tasks. Communicates vision in a way that inspires and motivates others.
- Influence/Persuasion – Exhibits a ‘can-do’ approach and inspires employees to excel, uses competition to encourage others. Develops performance standards and confronts negative attitudes. Fosters a team spirit, uses tact when expressing ideas or opinions, presents new ideas to authority figures, adapts presentation to suit a particular audience, responds to objections successfully.
- Technical Functional Excellence – Strives to be an expert in their functional area or technical expertise. Continues to increase technical/functional knowledge through formal and informal learning. Stays current with any advances in their field of expertise; looks for ways to apply new and emerging technologies. Is sought out by others to provide functional or technical advice; demonstrates the level of skills and knowledge based on role, level, and function.
- Decision Making/Problem-Solving – Takes action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues, able to use reason even when dealing with emotional or sensitive subjects. Reviews facts and weighs options, focuses on process rather than isolated events.
- Integrity – Maintains professional composure and tact in challenging interactions, Maintains confidences, and fosters an ethical work environment. Prevents inappropriate behavior by coworkers, gives proper credit to others and handles all situations appropriately.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Facilitate an environment where safety is our first priority.
Effectively manage production performance.
Effectively partner with other departments of the mill and create an environment of teamwork.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
procurement manager, purchasing manager, category manager, mro, maintenance parts,
mro parts, capital equipment, storeroom, raw materials, paper, pulp, packaging,
linerboard, KPI, tracking, contracts, vendor contracts, inventory, vendors,
suppliers, supplier, vendor
Complex Problem Solving