This role is responsible for engineering and architecting solutions for integrating and migrating Acquired Entity email hosting systems and Microsoft M365 tenants to Optum’s M365 tenant. This includes assessing existing legacy environments, consulting with on-site technical staff to prepare the legacy environment to meet Optum standards, writing and implementing discovery scripts, preparing and distributing communication material, configuring migration software utilities, prepping the Optum environment (network, security, identity, email routing, etc.), working with vendors and other teams, and any other tasks that are needed to complete a successful migration.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- You will analyze and interpret mail flow/routing inclusive of facets such as MX records, mail appliances and Exchange servers.
- Experience with analyze and interpret technical discovery documentation provided by businesses to architect and engineer migration requirements, strategy and overall solutions.
- Extensive PowerShell and Exchange Shell commands (i.e. get-aduser, get-adobject, get-mailbox, get-mailboxstatistics, new-mailboximportrequest, new-mailboxexportrequest, etc) and switches in order to write, read and update scripts experience
- Extensive knowledge of Windows & MAC Outlook inclusive of autodiscover, archive mailboxes, adding/supporting secondary mailboxes, etc.
- Ability to parse non-user mailbox reports in order to assist acquisitions with proper migration requirements (i.e. group vs. service mailbox, imap/pop configurations, send as vs send on behalf of, etc)
- Demonstrate knowledge of supported operating systems/ environments/platforms (e.g., Windows Server & Workstation OS, Mac, Citrix);
- Demonstrate knowledge of supported system infrastructure (e.g., DNS, network, storage, middleware); • Demonstrate knowledge of Agile Principles
- Extensive Exchange and SaaS experience with migration activities concerning divestitures, mergers, and acquisitions
- Collaborate with business partners to gain understanding of and provide ongoing support for their business needs
- Demonstrate understanding of supported businesses and their business drivers
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business platforms/applications
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of supported systems/technologies on the business
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business performance metrics (e.g., KPIs, SLAs/SLGs, availability)
- Ensure that business requirements are clearly and comprehensively documented and understood, and properly implemented (e.g., SLAs, OLAs, TSAs)
- Ability to help translate technical process and procedure to customers
- Follow all UHG culture, vision, mission statement and values
- 5 years of experience in enterprise email administration, engineering and migration
- Extensive M365 experience
- Must have extensive PowerShell and Exchange Shell commands experience
- Prior experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Prior experience with Active Directory
- Experience with enterprise networking (IronPorts, firewalls, mail routing, DNS)
- Should be proficient in migration tools (such as Quest Migration Manager or Quest On Demand Migration.)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.