YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Executive Director of CVI Strategic Delivery and Partnerships AdventHealth FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time – Days
What you will do:
The Executive Director of CVI Strategic Delivery and Partnerships, of the (CV) Institute Central Florida Division (CFD) serves as the leader integrating Institute Specialty Physician practices for Cardiovascular within the AdventHealth Medical Group; leading outpatient transition clinics for CV and organizing, planning as well as implementation with Integrated Health Services (IHS) the Ambulatory product model for care sites both virtual and physical. The Executive Director of CVI Strategic Delivery and Partnerships will organize, lead, and align various affiliation, partnership and acquisition activities with several stakeholders. The Executive Director of CVI Strategic Delivery and Partnerships reports directly to the Vice President of the CV Institute.
The scope of oversight is division-wide while creating partnerships and alignment for the national inventory of care continuum services within Advent Health. The Executive Director oversees and is accountable for the reorganization and operations of all Ambulatory CV services. Provides the Executive Leadership for strategic ventures to meet the goals and objectives of the CFD Cardiovascular mission and strategic plan. Responsible for influencing staff throughout the AdventHealth system. Manages all activities involving continuum of outpatient services.
This is a system wide role that will collaborate and guide services throughout Advent Health. The Executive Director of CVI Strategic Delivery and Partnerships accomplishes this through achieving the below duties and responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates an effective working environment where communication, professional development and quality are always encouraged. Maintains positive relations, acting as liaison, with employees, physicians, patients and community as applicable.
• Provides expertise and serves as a resource. Ensures high quality care and excellent customer service, working to make improvements as necessary.
• Develops and implements communications plans to drive goals and initiatives. Crafts and disseminates messaging in a timely and appropriate manner to ensure audience understanding and engagement.
• Participates in, formulates and ensures update of organizational policy respective to area of responsibility.
• Participates on and/or leads various committees.
• Serves as a leadership resource for management and team to achieve department specific and organizational goals and accountabilities. Reviews data and engages with department leadership and other departments to meet dashboards and scorecards, as applicable. Creates action plans to achieve positive outcomes.
• Communicates regularly with stakeholders from staff to referral providers and peers as well as the VP of Cardiovascular Institute on status of Ambulatory products, partnerships, and new services on meeting the needs for continuum of care
• Serve as an active business partner with the Executive Teams and Institute Leadership in the coordination and execution of the Institute’s vision and strategy.
• Accountable for assuring compliance and providing evidence of performance with DNV and the State of Florida regulatory agencies, basic CMS regulations, National Societies for Heart lung and Vascular Care as well as International quality agencies policies and procedures.
• Adheres to applicable practice standards specific to area of responsibility.
• Ensures that all departments within scope of practice operate within allocated budget.
• Implements appropriate tracking systems for success measures and reports on these as required.
• Prepares, executes and monitors operating budgets to ensure appropriate staffing, professional development, space, supplies, equipment, etc., for maintaining and improving quality of service and performance standards as applicable within scope of responsibility.
• Analyzes data from all inputs that relate to quality, cost, and care coordination and prepare comprehensive reports and updates for the VP of the Cardiovascular Institute as pertains to Ambulatory outpatient services
• Develops and implements initiatives, processes, and systems, and creates goals that align with organizational and operational strategies, supporting organizational initiatives.
• Utilizes organizational databases, decision support, and expert systems programs to access information and analyze data from various sources for use in planning and development of processes and systems supporting scope of practice.
• Leverages partnerships to fulfill strategic aims of the organization and CVI
• Employs project management for any partnership activity to ensure a smooth and efficient relationship is established from the beginning
• Encourage business growth and development by actively seeking out new opportunities to increase referrals, and market share. Work with marketing to create materials that represent Cardiovascular Institute and its service lines. Actively develop referral streams for outpatient services
• Acts as a change agent, utilizing change theory to plan for the implementation of organizational change. Participates in and leads various committee.
• Develops action plans; leads and supports practice/process changes, performance improvement activities, etc. Supports staff during change and adapts leadership style to the situation.
• Develops dashboards and feedback mechanisms that ensure transparency and open communication of data.
• Monitors relevant outcomes to ensure that services are provided at a level appropriate for all stakeholders.
• Encourage business growth and development by actively seeking out new opportunities to increase referrals, and market share.
• Coordinates efforts to promote and provides information on the CREATION Health philosophy to the leaders and employees working in assigned departments.
• Ensures that the programs offered within scope of responsibility, and as applicable, are properly communicated in the community.
• Serves as representative for Vice President as appropriate in matters concerning CVI public relations including Foundation work
• Participates in workforce planning and employment decisions, champions a diverse workforce, interprets and evaluates employee satisfaction and quality of work surveys, acting as needed to ensure a positive outcome.
• Identifies employment requirements, functions, tasks and job specifications for positions within reporting structure rollup. Assesses job candidates’ skills and experience, and selects top talent in accordance with needs. Identifies future skill sets needed to maintain organizational competitiveness.
• Oversees overall staffing for the Cardiovascular Institute. Ensures staffing is effective and efficient, and promotes core values. Assures that staff is representative of the population diversity through oversight of recruitment, selection and retention of personnel. Ensures that staff are actively engaged in decisions within their scope of practice.
• Ensures appropriate orientation for new staff and appropriate methodologies for ongoing competency assessment of staff. Monitors and ensures timely completion of performance evaluations, sets goals, and provides feedback and counseling to employees. Rounds with employees on regular basis, engaging staff and leading on maintaining environment of safety.
• Assesses plans to address issues such as ethnic, cultural and diversity changes in the population; political and social influences; financial and economic issues; aging of society and demographic trends; ethical issues; and environmental influences on health.
• Integrates Evidence Based Practice, or Best Practice initiatives into daily operations and care of patients and staff as applicable.
• Accepts organizational accountability for scope of practice outcomes; holds leadership and staff accountable for outcomes and work performed, including performance improvement outcomes.
• Identifies, develops and mentors others to enable them to meet their fullest potential. Maintains a high level of professionalism, exemplifying role model status. Participates in teaching opportunities as applicable.
• Assures a complete succession plan for rollup up to and including own position. Actively mentors others into the leadership role
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor message to individuals and audiences throughout the organization
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus detailed concentrated effort to multiple projects and re-establish priorities as necessary. Ability to effectively respond to time sensitive issues and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of Service Line Heart, Lung and Vascular procedures and codes for billing. • Knowledge of strategy, and business plan development and paths to implementation.
• Knowledge of State of Florida regulatory agencies, basic CMS regulations, national societies for heart, lung, and vascular care, such as The Society of Thoracic Surgeons and American College of Cardiology as well as international quality agencies policies and procedures. • Attention to detail that ensures follow through on all initiatives implemented, and all projects undertaken.
• Proficient in use of computer software, particularly Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and various software applicable software platforms
• Strong understanding of financial performance indicators, as well as the track record showing ability to adjust business practice to positively influence results
• Ability to collaboratively work well with leaders of other departments when addressing clinical practice, quality improvement, operational and planning issues concerning service lines. • In conjunction with the Medical Director, CV Institute, Management Team and clinical personnel, assures compliance areas within the departments with external regulatory and accrediting agencies are met or exceeded.
• Ability to work in a diverse, matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals.
• Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Aptitude for critical thinking, decision making, and managing competing priorities
• Leadership skills providing the ability to interact appropriately with all other departments regarding care management and illness adjustment issues • Skilled in self-direction and organization. Effective decision-making skills with minimal supervision • Ability to organize, delegate, and establish meaningful goals; establish effective working relationships with leaders, physicians, and employees
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED: • Knowledge of program development and implementation • Knowledge of process improvement planning and implementation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: • Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field • Four years of progressive management experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: • Six years of experience within a Cardiology, Cardiac or Vascular Surgery Service • Master’s Degree in nursing or other relevant Health Administration degree • Ten years of experience within a strategic Service Line or healthcare leadership • Three years of clinical experience in Cardiac or Vascular lines • Five years of management experience in Cardiac or Vascular care • Project Management experience SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
The oversight of the role includes teams involved in ambulatory services to include outpatient clinics, strategic and partnership roles, and virtual care platforms.
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards. All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE I make safety my number one priority. I protect privacy and confidentiality. I keep my environment clean. I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly. LOVE ME I treat others with uncommon compassion. I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health. I treat others with fairness and respect. I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY I help guests to their destination. I speak highly of others to provide connected care. I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses. I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
OWN IT I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations. I follow through on commitments. I use discretion with personal devices. I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank) Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to: • Mission • Vision • Values • Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks. Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination. Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES • Execution: Ensuring others contribute to organization strategies by focusing them on the most critical priorities, measuring progress, and ensuring accountability against those metrics. • Strategic Planning: Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values. • Business Acumen: Using one's knowledge of economic, financial, market, and industry trends to understand and improve individual, work group, and/or organizational results; using one's understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization's position to contribute to effective business strategies and/or tactics.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Administration
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement