Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming. Takes bi-lingual (Spanish) customer calls and preauthorizes customer rides using a computerized scheduling system. Performs day of service dispatch duties as needed.
- Answers customer calls and inputs all customer rides using a computerized scheduling system
- Enters new customer information or changes into the system
- Provides customer service with late vehicle service, verifying "No Shows" and assisting riders with resolving service related complaints
- Monitors efficiencies of manifests to ensure that routes are logical and efficient based on customer needs.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area
- Spanish speaking required. Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 or more years of customer service experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to read, comprehend and understand maps
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and explain transit system operating rules, regulations, policies, phases and routes
- Basic math, writing, and computer skills
- Ability to communicate via telephone with clear speech and a pleasant phone manner
- Must have working proficiency speaking in Spanish
- Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10999
Position Category Customer Service/Call Center/Dispatch/Reservationist/Scheduler
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 402
Internal Code 3 Ind1