To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) • US-Nationwide
Posted 28 days ago
XOS is a leader in elemental analysis instrumentation and is part of Danaher Corporation. The position of Director of Operations will sit on the XOS leadership team and be responsible for direction of a multi-functional operations team. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Cost and utilization of DBS (Danaher Business System).
• Directs the daily operations in order to meet all quality and delivery thresholds, drive continuous improvement and meet all Key Performance Indicator (KPI) goals.
• Responsible for all areas of operations (manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, production scheduling/planning & facilities maintenance).
• Overall responsible for Safety, Quality (Internal and External), On-Time Delivery, Inventory, and Productivity (Labor and Material).
• Partners with HR in developing talent and making XOS an employer of choice for our associates
• Owns the continual pursuit of a “Best in Class” culture of Associate Engagement
• Develops and drives continued Lean Conversion using the DBS Kaizen Funnel, and Continuous Improvement
• Creates and monitors ops-level Policy Deployment (top priority strategic initiatives) by identifying plant operations breakthroughs, building a comprehensive action plan and aligning resources to achieve targeted KPIs.
• Drive a culture of stretch goal attainment utilizing DBS processes to deliver sustainable results.
• Plans and executes, with supply chain team new supplier qualification, supplier scorecard program, contract negotiations and a materials savings funnel for PPV and VAVE.
• Work with Design and Implementation teams on manufacturability, capability, reliability reviews
• Develops and monitors monthly operating budgets and capital projects.
• Ensures all associates are knowledgeable of and comply with standard work policies as defined in XOS ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
• Evaluates Associates performance through structured coaching, performance management and development plans.
• Develop project management schedules to validate new products through use of Lean and Six Sigma tools to transition from engineering to manufacturing.
• Responsible for overall building and grounds, including facility regulatory compliance with Safety, Department of Health, and other regulatory safety and compliance bodies.
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Critical Success Factors:
• Excellent communication skills
• Data and Fact-Based problem-solving skills, Lean Mfg./6 sigma knowledge and/or DBS practitioner desired
• Positive attitude and ability to work closely with entire leadership team to drive change continuous improvement and engagement throughout the organization
• The capacity to plan, organize, & complete projects on time. Excellent project management skills
• Ability to lead a team and drive development of team members across all areas of responsibility
• Action oriented individual who is highly proactive at solving problems and obtaining results.
• Proven track record of managing managers and individual contributors and driving both performance and employee engagement
• Ability to stay level headed and drive resolution regardless of the pressure
• Proven track-record of attracting, retaining, and developing talent.
• At least five years of manufacturing management experience. Prior Plant/Operations daily management, process development and organizational development experience in a Lean operations environment, required.
• Three years’ experience in directly managing a multi-function unit to include but not limited to (manufacturing, supply chain, quality, logistics & facilities), required.
• Experience setting and managing to budgets, required.
• Demonstrated success in associate development & culture building
• Demonstrated success in developing and using Problem Solving Processes and Action Plans to achieve stretch goal targets.
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated aptitude in organization development through a combination of effective talent planning, associate development, and “top grading,” when necessary.
• Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes. Comfortable in a high technology, high complexity manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
• Excellent leadership gravitas and followership.
• Company level strategy creation to create long-term shareholder value
• Commercial acumen (marketing, product management, sales)
• APICS or ISM certification desired, or equivalent Danaher-specific experience
• Lean/Six Sigma experience
• Demonstrated success planning and managing manufacturing savings and inventory goals, highly desirable.
• Manufacturing experience in a high-tech industry
• Demonstrated success in using metric / Key Performance Indicator (KPI) review forums/meetings to drive accountability and execution through the team.
• Self-starter, with experience driving toward team-based organizational structure and culture preferred.
• Demonstrated aptitude of change management preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations / Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Business Management is required
Danaher Corporation Overview